Dig into our planet and the geological forces that shape it.
***** Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice *****
"This is a great way to let children informally and playfully discover some of the big ideas they’ll encounter later on in their school curriculum. Apps like this one are good reminders for why you spent hundreds of dollars on a phone or tablet for your child." — Warren Buckleitner, editor, Children's Technology Review
Trigger earthquakes! Make volcanos erupt! Investigate plate tectonics, weathering, erosion, and deposition. Travel across time to see how our home has changed over eons, pre-Pangea to the present.
The Earth is an interactive model that lets kids study and observe the geological forces that change the planet—above and below the surface, in a matter of minutes and over millions of years.
The Earth is No. 5 in Tinybop’s Explorer’s Library series, designed for curious kids ages 4+ to dive deep into big ideas. The apps in this series have won Best of the App Store, App Store Editors’ Choice, Parents’ Choice, and Children's Technology Review Editor’s Choice awards.
* Wander through an endless landscape, from deserts to mountains, oceans to glaciers.
* Investigate how each landform was created.
* See the Earth transform over time, from a sphere of boiling rock to the continents we live on today.
* Dig under the surface and observe the Earth’s layers from the crust to core.
* Weather, erode, and deposit rocks and sediment. Shape the land with your fingertips!
* Make a river meander. Make a glacier recede and advance. Create sand dunes, sea stacks, and beaches. Trigger a rockslide!
* Discover mysteries like frost wedging, stalactites and stalagmites, and hotspots.
* Experiment with four different types of volcanoes.
* Learn new vocabulary in 40+ languages with interactive labels in close-up scenes.
* Sophisticated sound design rewards experimentation.
* Original artwork by Sarah Jacoby.
* Intuitive, safe, and kid-friendly design.
* Entertaining for kids and adults alike.
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction hints, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy very seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child, nor do we allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is neither collected nor distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! If you have ideas, or something isn’t working as you expect it to, please contact us: [email protected]
Compatible with iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6, 6 Plus, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2, 3, mini, and Air. **This app is optimized for iPad 2 and iPhone 5 or higher. Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
Psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop.
Ready for iOS 10!
Have a gneiss day! <3