Simple to use, yet powerful controller with Last.fm scrobbler for iTunes and Spotify that is light, super reliable and can help you with discovering new music.
What is it and what it can do?
• It's the best Last.fm scrobbler for Mac.
Modern, stable, reliable. No duplicates, no missing tracks. Solid scrobbling experience. Fully supported iTunes (with Apple Music) and Spotify. Runs great on OS X Yosemite, OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra.
• Controller for iTunes and Spotify.
Change volume. Love track. Pause/Play. Find lyrics. Share to Twitter nad Facebook. All from beautiful artwork on your Desktop.
• Offline mode.
No Internet connection? Don't worry. NepTunes will remember all tracks that should be scrobbled and will try to scrobble them when the Internet connection is back. With appropriate time of scrobble for each track.
• Discover new music.
You're listening a new artist and you're curious about similar music? It's available just two clicks away! And with custom keyboard shortcuts you can find it just by pressing keys on the keyboard.
NepTunes remembers up to 15 tracks, that you played recently and can open Apple Music or Spotify or Last.fm page for each track.
Tweet, share on Facebook - with tags and link to Apple Music or Spotify. Copy link to Apple Music or Spotify, copy artist and track name. And search for lyrics on Google. All two clicks away.
Some recent reviews from the Mac App Store
"I love this scrobbler.
I love it because it’s easy to use and the interface is great. Not to mention it connected to last.fm without a hitch and scrobbles like a dream. My regular scrobbler, the official from last.fm wasn’t working and wouldn’t no matter what I tried, even after deleting it and reinstalling it again, so I googled for a new one and found NepTunes. The best. :)" by byCharlieB1977 - Aug 22, 2016
I have used a few different scrobblers over the years, NepTunes is by far the best of the lot. It’s as unobtrusive as you want, notifications, menu bar, desktop cover art, all, some, none, perfect! It uses few system resources. And it has just the right amount of flair – see the lovely cover art animation when a track begins playing. NepTunes is a real gem, the developer, Adam Różyński, has put in so much love, care and attention, it practically shines!" by Christopher Corbettis - Aug 17, 2016
"Keeps getting better!
NepTunes is hands-down the best way to get iTunes to scrobble reliably, and the tight integration with iTunes and Spotify are top-notch. You can configure it to work silently as a Last.fm scrobbler or as a fully-featured controller that displays album artwork and controls your music from one place and anything in between. Plenty of options to make it work exactly as you need it to. This app is completely worth the cost of admission." by l33tpeas - May 23, 2016
@neptunesformac on Twitter
• [FIX] iTunes keeps reopening after closing? No more! :)
• [FIX] Fixes small problem that could crash the app
• [NEW] "Tags to cut" feature now works with albums
• [NEW] Remember app icon from April? It's included in the app's package
• [NEW] Simple Mode. Cover on the desktop will show only album cover – without track name overlay and without overlay controls (Issue #28)
• [NEW] You can change track with swipe on the cover
• [NEW] Notification Mode. When track changes, cover will float above all windows for 5 seconds, then it will go back to previous position (Issue #28)
• [SUPPORT] Brings support for macOS Sierra
• [FIX] NepTunes will now remember position if there are 2 displays or more (Issue #19, #32 and #33)
• [FIX] Fixes issue, when there was no status bar icon and Preferences window appear when the app became active (Issue #31)
• [FIX] Some people had a problem with launching the app and/or "I'm using cracked version" thing – fixed :)