◉ Record, Edit and Convert Audio with Boson.
Boson is perfect for anyone who needs to edit audio files, convert music from one format to another, record an internet radio stream, digitize a beloved vinyl collection or just make a quick voice memo.
Boson supports reading, editing and writing of the most common audio file formats like mp3, mp4, ogg, flac, wav and many more.
◉ Easy to Use
Boson is easy to use. The included manual features an easy to follow introduction to audio editing and recording and the "cook book" section gives step-by-step instructions on how to perform the most common tasks (like creating a MP3 file or recording music from a website and much more).
◉ Comes With Many Built-in Audio Effects for Free
Boson comes pre-loaded with the most important audio effects. With these built-in effects you are prepared for most audio editing tasks. Of course you can also use 3rd party Audio Unit plugins with Boson.
◉ Highest Quality Possible
Boson has been designed so that you can work with your audio data without worrying to introduce any quality losses. Boson internally uses 32bit float samples to keep your data always at the highest quality possible so you can focus on the task at hand.
Supported File Formats (reading and writing):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Apple Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo history is saved with workspaces.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 384khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Many built-in audio effects (see list below).
• Fully Retina compatible user interface.
• Optional high contrast color mode.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB, FireWire Audio or Thunderbolt device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other apps and the internet with the help of Soundflower
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
• Optional low power consumption mode for long recording sessions
• Switching between different recording and playback devices with just one button press.
Audio Effect support:
• Many built-in effects (list below)
• Support for 3rd party Audio Unit plugins (64bit AU effects only!)
• Effect Rack to chain and queue effects
Built-in Audio Effects:
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Swap Channels
• Invert Sample Values
• Generate Silence
• Generate Sine Wave
• Silence Detection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
Of course Boson comes with a detailed manual and support via email.
- improved waveform rendering performance on Macs with Retina displays