Tweetbot is a wonderful Twitter client that’s powerful and a joy to use. Sync your timeline across your iPhone, iPad, and Mac (Tweetbot for Mac also available in the Mac App Store). Mute tweets by users, hashtags, tweet sources, or keywords (including regex). 3rd Party support for image, video, read later, and timeline sync services. Tweetbot also has all the features you’d expect in a full-featured Twitter client like lists and direct messages, a night theme for low-light reading, and much more.
What’s New in Version 4:
- iPad Support (Universal)
- Landscape Support on iPhone and iPad
- New Column View in Landscape on iPad and the iPhone 6+
- Split View Multi-tasking on iPad
- More Granular Mute Filter Settings
- Quick Reply from Notifications
- Safari View Controller with Support for Content Blockers
- Improved User Profiles
- Improved Status Detail
- Refreshed User Interface
- Many Optimizations Under the Hood
Column View on iPad and iPhone 6+.
Tweetbot just got a lot more powerful with the new column view. Just rotate your iPad or iPhone 6+ to landscape and have a column dedicated to a list, search result, mentions, statistics, or activity stream.
Other Notable Features:
- Support for 3rd party services
- Add multiple accounts
- Powerful mute filters
- Push notifications
- Customizable navigation (iPhone)
- Save and edit tweet drafts
- Edit and view lists
- Timeline sync across multiple devices
- Night theme for low-light reading
- Smart gestures to quickly access tweet details, reply, retweet and favorite.
- Status display customization
On August 16th Twitter will disable parts of their public interface that we use in Tweetbot. Because Twitter has chosen not to provide alternatives to these interfaces we have been forced to disable or degrade certain features. We're sorry about this, but unfortunately this is totally out of our control.
- Timeline streaming on WiFi is now disabled. Your timelines will now refresh automatically every 1-2 minutes instead.
- Push notifications for Mentions and Direct Messages will now be delayed by a few minutes.
- Push notifications for Likes, Retweets, Follows and Quotes have been disabled. We'll be investigating bring some of these back in the future.
- Activity and Stats tabs have been removed.
- Watch app, which depended heavily on Activity data, has been removed.