Microsoft Translator enables you to quickly translate text or speech, have two-way conversations, and even download languages to use offline when you travel abroad.
• Speak or type to quickly translate into over 50 languages
• Have real-time conversations in Arabic, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
• Download languages to translate even when you don’t have an internet connection
• Use your camera or saved photos to automatically detect and translate text
• Let Translator speak the phrase for you if you are unsure how to pronounce the translation
• Share your translation with other apps
• Pin your most frequent translations to save for later
• Speak to get instant translations on your Apple Watch
• Translations automatically sync between your phone and Apple Watch
Translator supports the following languages:
Arabic, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Klingon, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Quer'etaro Otomi, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Welsh, and Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, Internet Explorer as well as by partners such as Twitter, Yelp, eBay, WeChat and more.
Please note that some features are not available in all languages.
New option in Settings to change the voice that reads out translation results.
See alternative translations of single words. Available in 100 language pairs.
Tap on the book icon at the bottom of the home screen to quickly access key phrases in 50+ languages. You have the option to favorite, listen to, share, and edit the phrases.