"The app is intuitive, easy to use, and most importantly - effectively teaches addition and subtraction skills. The ’duel' competitive mode is also a fun feature that my students enjoyed."
- Academics´ choice Award Winner motivation
"...it is great to see this already excellent app get even better."
"Kids can learn in a stress-free way. Incorrect answers do not carry penalties and there is no time limit unless children choose to activate it for some extra excitement."
- Educational appstore 5 stars/5
"Math Bakery First Grade is a wonderful way to introduce younger children to concepts important for understanding addition and subtraction."
A new fun way to learn math from 4 years old. It’s just like having your own private teacher helping, encouraging and correcting. Even toddlers learn quickly to add and subtract, helping ´daddy baker’ produce gingerbread cookies. Also perfect for older children with special educational needs as the graphical style is for all ages.
Math Bakery First Grade has been developed in co-operation with teachers, leading researchers and students. It has been carefully tested in schools and preschools. The children have rapidly shown significant improvement.
YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN:
- to gradually improve self-confidence in addition and subtraction
- to understand numbers, distinguishing between digits and groups of ten
- to ‘see’ what happens when numbers are added or subtracted
- to reckon using “ten friends” , "halves" and “doubles”
- 6 addition games and 6 subtraction games
- play with or against a friend or grown-up in ”The Duel”
- move cookies to understand addition and subtraction
- help routines that, without specific direction, give your child the possibility to investigate and understand numbers
- attractive original graphics
- interactive and easy to follow
- result screen shows totals and high score for each game
- no in-app purchases, no adds
Math Bakery First Grade is the first app in the Math Bakery series.
With Math Bakery Regrouping, for 7 to 12 year-olds, you learn how to set out a calculation problem and solve it using ten-carrying.
In Math Bakery Multiply/Divide Dad the Baker demonstrates, using cookies on a baking tray, how to multiply and divide.
Choose U.S. Customary Units (cups and teaspoons etc) or metric system (cl, dl, grams) in the baking mode.