A powerful, easy-to-use reference for most American and European steel shapes.
• Steel shape cross-section diagrams are generated to scale
• Unit conversion to many common SI and FPS units
• Smart text search to find sections by their names
• Fluid and responsive app design
• Useful in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, structural engineering, and architecture
Reach us at [email protected] | or Twitter: @XtructBlue | or simply leave a comment here
It has definitely been a while since our last update, but this release brings a lot of great improvements!
DATA QUALITY AND CONTENT
• NEW: EU shape profiles! We have added HEA, HEAA, HEB, HEM, IPE, IPN, UPN, UPE, angles, HSS, HL, HD, and HP shapes. Our goal is to make Xtruct Beams your one-stop place to obtain the shape profile data you need!
• FIXED: Added a missing SwB property for some AISC angle shapes.
• FIXED: We rotated the diagrams of angle shapes so that the vertical direction matches the strong axis just like other shapes.
• VERIFIED: We ran tests against the published AISC 14.1 database values to detect inaccuracies, and we fixed at least one incorrect value in our app. (The weight of WT180X254.5 in SI units, as published in AISC 14.1, is incorrect. The value in US units is correct, on the other hand.)
• NEW: IPad users can now use the app in multi-tasking split view mode (if the device supports it). This means you can be more productive while you work and access reference data!
• NEW: Now you can use the app when your device is rotated.
• CHANGED: We changed the color scheme of the app, as you may notice. We are planning to build upon this color scheme because it gives us much more design flexibility to deliver the best experience to you.
• IMPROVED: We now use engineering notation to present values. Instead of using plain scientific notation, we always express values in which the power of 10 is a multiple of 3. For example: 12.3x10^6 instead of 1.23x10^7.
• IMPROVED: The string representation of numbers is now localized based on your device's culture settings.
Having issues with the latest version? Do you want the app to be blue again? Do you have any specific feature requests? Let us know! There's many ways to reach us:
email: [email protected]
Or simply leave a comment here :)