WINNER: IGF China award for BEST GAME!
Cubetractor is a neo-retroesque action-strategy-puzzle hybrid where you defeat enemies through an unconventional cube-pulling, turret-buildling mechanic.
The game carries elements of a reverse tower defence and a grounded bullet-hell dodger to deliver a unique gameplay experience presented in a classic top-down perspective.
You play as Endroi, a menacingly happy-go-lucky quadrubot as he strives to master the art of Cubetracting -- the art of attracting Cubes. It's a deceptively straightforward skill that involves dexterity, acute awareness, multi-tasking and tactical positioning. You'll have to strategize, solve and fight your way through multitudes of enemy installations to achieve your coveted goal.
• 40+ maps for you to pull, crush and build: Levels carefully designed to bring out the emergent dynamics in a unique mechanic.
• Symmetrical Balance: Why do bad guys always have to be stronger than you? In Cubetractor, the enemy structures are exactly the same as yours, other than they got there first.
• Defeating them is a matter of thoughtful timing and positioning.
• Purely indie-made: Done by 2 people, living off their savings, working off random coffee joints.
• Hardcore Awards for Hardcore Players: The main levels are designed for speedruns. Collect all the batteries, reach the finishing goal within impressively tight time limits -- do all that without a scratch -- to earn the most coveted of accolades. Don't worry, there are also options for those of us that are more human.