On a slow connection? Speed up Safari with Speedafari!
"Kinda crazy, but it works." - Federico Viticci, Macstories.net
Speedafari blocks unnecessary parts of websites from loading. By removing part of the experience (ads, tracking scripts, external fonts, videos, etc.), you save time, battery, and data.
Speedafari is always just a swipe away, in the notification center. Just tap once, and — boom — Safari speeds up. No need to switch browser.
Easily switch between three different aggressiveness levels — low, medium, and high. The higher the aggressiveness, the more will be blocked, and the faster the page will load. Note that some website functions may not work at all with the medium and high levels.
Whitelist the sites you love effortlessly — without leaving Safari — to support them by letting them show you ads (which, naturally, makes them load slower).
Use the Speedafari URL scheme to turn on and off speedup, and change the aggressiveness, from inside other apps. For example, you can make Speedafari semi-automatically trigger upon leaving home, by using the Launch Center Pro app.
You're out in the woods? With Speedafari, don't worry about slow internet anymore!
"Speedafari is a blocker that strips away everything it can so you can still load pages even when your connection is crap." - Thorin Klosowski, Lifehacker.com
Oh, and don't worry about privacy! Speedafari has no access at all as to what web pages you visit.
Note that all features are included in the download price, and that in-app purchases are not required to unlock anything. The in-app purchases simply provide a means to voluntarily support the development of Speedafari.
What our users say:
– "You didn't know that you needed this nifty little app until you used it; then, you wondered how you could have gone this long without it! Flawless so far."
– "On its highest level of blocking it eliminates *all* graphics, which is terrific if you have limited bandwidth or just want to get to a site's text. [...] Very useful, unique features make this a must-have for me. Recommended."
– "The ability to quickly turn it on and off and change the aggressiveness through the notification menu is a win win."
– "It works beautifully."
– "One of the best app purchases made"
– "Get it. Quickly."
Developed and designed by Arvid Lunnemark.
Speedafari version 2.0! This is a major update:
- New design. The widget is updated to iOS 10, and you can now change aggressiveness with only one tap.
- The low aggressiveness is updated. Now a lot faster than before, while still not breaking any websites.
- Whitelist a site without leaving Safari! Just two taps: open the share sheet, and tap "Whitelist in Safari".
- URL scheme. Turn on and off speedup, and change aggressiveness, from inside other apps.
- Overall refinements and optimizations.
Thanks for using Speedafari! If you happen to enjoy saving time by speeding up websites, I'd be thrilled if you reviewed Speedafari here on the App Store. :)
Have a nice day!