News Explorer is a full-featured yet easy-to-use RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter newsreader with iCloud based synchronisation between Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV.
FULL ICLOUD SYNC
• News Explorer syncs your RSS, JSON, Atom and Twitter subscriptions, folder setup, news items, read statuses and favorites across all your Apple devices.
• Synchronisation is based on iCloud, so there is no need to login or to sign up into any other service, it just works out of the box.
• Built-in high speed RSS and Atom engine.
• Supports Twitter user and hashtags timelines.
• Enhanced support for YouTube feeds.
• Supports Podcast RSS feeds.
• Clean, stylish and clutter-free user interface.
• Article list with thumbnails, adjustable in visibility, size and alignment.
• Built-in browser for viewing inline links.
• Themes, adaptable to your taste and mood, or according appearance settings in macOS.
• Font of the article viewer is adjustable, with more than 40 fonts to choose from.
• Use Reader view to download and read the full version of articles in a clean and easy-to-read format.
• Feed level option to automatically use Reader view for all articles.
• Mark items as favorite for later reading.
• Navigate with one click to the original content.
• Reply, retweet and like tweets in Twitter feeds without leaving the app.
• Timeline view shows your news items in an attractive newspaper-like way.
• Full text search.
• Full keyboard navigation.
• Open articles in separate tabs or windows, for maximum focus.
• Built-in image viewer to browse through all images of news items.
• Full window YouTube videos.
• Built-in support to share news items with Twitter, Instapaper and Pocket.
• Share news items via email, Messages, Facebook and other sharing services.
• Add new RSS, Atom, JSON, Podcast and YouTube feeds directly from Safari, using the 'Add to News Explorer' share extension.
• Add RSS and Twitter feeds via the built-in search form.
• Support to add manually RSS, Atom, JSON and Twitter feeds.
• Feed extension support let you open RSS news feed URL’s.
• Group your subscriptions by using folders.
• Rename and reorder folders and feeds, using drag-and-drop.
• OPML import and export.
• Feed manager let you manage the feeds that should be displayed in the Notification Center.
• Assign keyboard shortcuts to sharing services, including Instapaper and Pocket.
• Simply hit the spacebar to open the next article or to scroll the article when needed.
• With full Touch Bar support you have quick access to all essential functions.
• App icon badge with unread items count.
STATE OF THE ART
• Supports RSS 2.0, RDF, JSON Feed, ATOM, Podcast, YouTube and Twitter news feeds.
• Supports feeds with Basic and Digest HTTP Authentication.
• Support for displaying articles with RTL text like Arabic or Hebrew.
• Auto Dark Mode and Accent Color support.
• Fully working iCloud sync based on CloudKit.
• Three built-in Reader view engines.
• Spotlight Search
• Handoff, pick up where you left off
• Notifications with images
• Retina support
You only need to buy two apps to cover all Apple platforms:
• News Explorer for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
• News Explorer for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Apple TV is a universal purchase app, available on the App Store of the mentioned devices. Universal purchase allows you to purchase News Explorer once, and then access it on all connected platforms.
SUPPORT AND FEEDBACK
News Explorer is one of the best documented news apps with an extensive help page on https://betamagic.nl/support/newsexplorer/help.html. If you still have any questions or need support, email us at email@example.com or twitter to @elemanssoftware.
Please share your thoughts and ideas about News Explorer with us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like News Explorer then feel free to leave a review or a rating in the App Store, it helps a lot!
This update contains the following new features:
• Video podcasts are now properly recognised and displayed.
• While syncing, a status bar with progress information is displayed.
• Added 'Import OPML File' action to the sidebar plus button menu.
The Share menu has been extended with the following menu items:
• ’Open in Safari’ and other popular web browsers.
• ‘Copy Link’, copies the current article link to the clipboard.