Drive on Washington focusses on the Battle of Monocacy Junction which took place on July 9, 1864. The battle represents the high water mark for Confederate arms, as it took place during their last offensive in the East. Jubal Early led a corps a hardened veterans from the Army of Northern Virginia, with the intention of opening the road for an attack on Washington. They were met by three hastily assembled brigades under Union Commander Lew Wallace. Although victory went to the Confederates, the battle delayed Early sufficiently to allow Union reinforcements to arrive in defence of their capital.
This is the second in a series of games from HexWar to be based on the 'Great Battles of the American Civil War' board games, which started with the classic game 'Terrible Swift Sword'. This series recreates the significant battles of the American Civil War. Each game in this series is a grand tactical, regimental-level simulation of a single battle, enabling players to test their generalship under the same challenges faced by the Union and Confederate commanders.
- Historically accurate game play.
- Accurate Civil War units.
- Play as either the Union or Confederate side.
- 2 scenarios offering alternative objectives.
- 3 levels of difficulty.
- Five categories of unit quality.
- Different types of formations.
- Detailed combat analysis.
- In-depth reference charts.
- Advanced tactical features including:
- Map zoom.
- Strategic movement.
- Flank attacks.
- Low ammo.
- Unit disruption.
- Game Centre Achievements.
Fixes issues to be compatible with iOS 9