Heavy Brass delivers the most flexible and innovative approach to modern brass sounds ever provided by a virtual MIDI instrument!¹ With this ultimate brass app your productions and live performances will gain such powerful and amazing tone you previously were only able to retrieve from a real brass section!
This app contains the following instruments: Trumpet, Trombone and Saxophone sampled in four different brass sections.
Watch and listen to the demo video on our product website!
Minimum requirement: at least iPad 3 / iPad Air 1 / iPad mini 2.
This app supports Audio Unit v3, Inter-App Audio, Audiobus and the JACK Audio Connection Kit for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps. External MIDI keyboards and controllers are supported as well of course, both via Ligthning/USB cable connection, as well as wireless via Bluetooth LE MIDI.¹
There are 3 fundamental sound categories: „Singles“, „Switches“ and „Combis“, where „Switch Sounds“ allow you to either switch or crossfade between configurable articulations. Some „Combi Sounds“ allow you to switch or crossfade between predefined articulations as well.
24 Single Sounds:
Solo Trumpet, Solo Sax, Solo Trombone, Heavy Brass 1-4, Section 1, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4, Crescendo, Growl, Doiks, Shaker 1, Shaker 2, Staccato 1, Staccato 2, Staccato Sax 1, Staccato Sax 2, Falls 1, Falls 2, Falls 3, Falls 4.
Five base sounds: Section 1, Section 2, Section 3, Section 4 and Crescendo, which are switchable or crossfadeable to four alternative articulations: Shaker, Growl, Doiks or Falls.
16 Combi Sounds:
Sections Velocity Layer 1, Sections Velocity Layer 2, Sections Velocity Layer 3, Sections Velocity Layer 4, Sections Velocity Layer 5, Sections Velocity Layer 6, Sections Modwheel Layer 1, Sections Modwheel Layer 2, Staccato Layer 1, Staccato Layer 2, Staccato Round Robin 1, Staccato Round Robin 2, Staccato Round Robin 3, Sections & Staccato Round Robin 1, Sections & Staccato Round Robin 2, Sections & Staccato Round Robin 3.
- Low latency disk streaming.
- Polyphony up to several hundred stereo voices.²
- Configurable audio latency down to 5 ms.
- Integrated effects with 18 presets.
- 16 parts.
- Provides Audio Unit v3 plugin version of this app, which allows it to be used as virtual instrument directly within third-party multi-track DAW apps.
- Support for Apple's "Inter-App Audio" system (iOS 7 or higher).
- Audiobus support (iOS 7 or higher).
- JACK Audio Connection Kit support (up to iOS 6.1.3).
- MIDI velocity response curve editor.
- Scale tuning editor.
- App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
- Virtual on-screen piano keyboard with velocity support, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
- Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
- Unlimited amount of tracks.
- Configurable target MIDI channel per track.
- Unlimited recording and playback length.
- Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
- Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
- Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
- Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
¹ For more informations about supported adapters and MIDI keyboards, please visit our product website.
² Various sounds are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
• Adds Audio Unit v3 plugin feature which allows this app to be used as virtual instrument by third-party multi-track DAW apps.
• Preserve selected volume on instrument change instead of switching to a default volume.