Netcasts is a simple but powerful all-in-one audio & video podcast and streaming internet radio / tv player and has been created as a personal media app which I wanted for myself. Here are some of the key features:-
1) Podcasts, Radio & TV Stations - Supports podcasts, streaming radio and TV stations with excellent support for recovering from network interruptions in poor network conditions (e.g. while driving). You can also stream podcasts without downloading.
2) Simple - A very simple UI designed for the best podcasting & radio experience. Subscribing to a podcast or radio/tv station is super simple and can be done in a few seconds by browsing the store, searching or by specifying a feed url.
3) Dynamic Playlists - Supports dynamic playlists on a range of criteria including deep textual search e.g. you can create a dynamic playlist which will show all episodes which have reference to a keyword like "Apple" in addition to other date and download status related criteria etc in title or show notes.
4) MiniPlayer Support - The app has a mini player like the new Apple Music App which can be used to control playback from anywhere in the app. In addition the mini player also supports gestures to skip forward and backward.
5) Background Playback - Supports background playback for both audio and video podcasts. For video podcast you can have audio only playing in the background.
6) Automatic Downloads & Archiving - The app supports automatic downloads of new episodes. It also supports automatic archiving as per the criteria defined by you.
7) Sleep Timer - The application support sleep timer so you can set a sleep timer and the playback will stop after a specified time. This is useful if you are like me and go to sleep with music playing.