THIS APP IS FREE FOR EVERYONE
Heart Rate Measurement™ quickly provides you with an accurate measurement of your heart rate using the camera and flash of your device.
Save and then review and analyze the measurements over a day, week, month or year.
Get daily reminders to maintain regular measurements.
Your heart rate bpm (beats per minute) is calculated by using sophisticated algorithms which examine the periodic oscillations of blood flow, producing brightness variations through your devices camera.
- Accurate, comparable to Pulse Oximeters.
- Measure for a period or continuously.
- Set reminders for a time during the day.
- Beats per Minute is displayed.
- Metered display during measurement.
- Save bpm measurement for viewing in the Apple's Health app.
- Select a heart rate sound or make it silent during measurements.
For accurate measurements lightly place your index finger covering both the Camera and Flash without pressing too hard. Keep your hand and index finger as still as possible.
NOTE: Don’t forget to wipe clean the camera and flash area afterwards :)
Your resting heart rate is your pulse when you are calmly sitting or lying. It’s best to measure your resting heart rate it in the morning before you get out of bed (American Heart Association).
A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness. For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 beats a minute (Mayo Clinic).
- iOS 8.0 or higher
- Camera and Flash on your device
MORE INFORMATION, SUPPORT & FAQ's
You have the option to use Heart Rate Measurement™ as a source of heart rate data to be used by the Apple Health app.
If you choose this option the data provided is subject to the policy of Apple's Health app.
Within the Heart Rate Measurement™ app there is no storage of any heart rate data and no identifying information is stored or collected.
- Added daily reminder notifications (optional)
- Minor graphical modifications