Crime and Place™ just might save your life – or help you avoid becoming the victim of a violent crime. Just look at these features:
- The Crime Compass™ - Quickly see your surroundings as you move using a unique color-coded view that updates dynamically. Whether you’re walking or driving, the Crime Compass shows you short- and long-range crime hotspots, allowing you to steer clear of dangerous areas! The radar sweep view displays information in all directions for up to one mile. All map areas are clearly marked with “red, yellow or green” indicators showing how safe they are.
- The Crime Map Overlay – Using the fully interactive heat map, you can search for points of interest or a specific address for crime data. This allows you to check out gas stations, restaurants and rest stops before you go there. Or, you can drop a pin on the map to verify that your next stop won’t be in an unexpected high crime area.
- Customizable – You can customize the crime data displayed to suit your needs. Simply change the settings to display different types of crime by categories and weighting. For example, you can customize your settings to display personal or property crime – or set the app to show “auto thefts” or other specific types of crimes in your area.
- Crime Notification – It’s easy to set up notifications so that you are alerted when you enter a high crime area. Notifications require background GPS use.
- Reliable and Accurate Data – Crime and Place focuses on presenting well established, long term national and local crime trends in the U.S. This provides a more accurate picture of crime levels than other types of reporting. With Crime and Place, you won’t have to decipher confusing “incidence” maps that show dots or confusing icons that can be hard to read.
Crime and Place is Great for:
- Taking local trips
- Going to new venues
- Checking out the safety of your daily commute, your own neighborhood or other areas you frequent
- Knowing how safe your local parks and attractions really are – before you go!
- Taking Road Trips
- Determining how safe the area is around your work, shopping and parking areas
National Press Coverage
The Wall Street Journal reported, “Navigating the app feels like running through a videogame: A warning pops up when you’re entering a ‘high crime area’ then directs you back to safe environs.”
The Herald Sun wrote, ”The app uses maps and a “’Crime Compass’ that tells users not only how safe they are, but essentially how to escape high-crime areas.”
Download Crime and Place Today!
Learn more at http://crimeandplace.com
You may opt into a 30-day trial subscription to use the most recent data. If you decide to cancel your trial subscription, you may continue to use the data for the remaining year at no additional cost.
Notifications require background GPS use. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app is not designed to, nor does it provide any guarantee of safety. Please read the License Agreement in its entirety before purchasing or installing this app.
2016 crime data is included by default. Optional subscription runs for 1 full year from date of purchase and provides access to the latest crime data.
Major updates of crime data are released yearly with minor revisions released quarterly. Purchased data will remain accessible even after subscriptions expire.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Subscriptions may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- 2019 crime data is now available for all data subscribers