Cookie 5 has been re-written from the ground-up to support El Capitan. Cookie 5 has everything you loved about Cookie v4 plus some powerful new features. We've removed all the legacy code, so Cookie 5 now only supports OS X 10.11+. For OS X 10.6 - OS X 10.10 please search the Mac App Store for "Cookie".
New in Cookie 5:
- New alternate Simplified View that takes care of all the technical details for you.
- New Combined cookie view displays all cookie/flash/localStorage/Silverlight data in one tab to manage view.
- Individual Cookie favorites. Cookie management is now configurable for individual cookies.
- Individual Flash favorites. Flash Cookie's can now be favorited individually.
- Individual Browser settings. It is now possible to configure different removal options for each browser.
- Better and more intuitive management of Databases/Flash and Silverlight cookies.
- More specific removal options from the Settings tab and menubar.
- New streamlined User Interface designed for El Capitan.
- Full Screen support.
- Sandboxed for your security.
Changed in Cookie 5
- New Preferences window. We've moved the preferences out of the main interface into their own window (where they should be!)
- New Favorites/Tracking definitions Export format. Cookie 5 now uses a standardised JSON format for export/import of settings.
- Blacklist removal. With the addition of individual cookie favorites the blacklist didn't make sense any more so we got rid of it.
*Visit our Support link to make a request for Cookie 5 in your language.
Cookie is the ONLY cookie manager which gives you COMPLETE control over YOUR privacy.
Cookie prevents third parties from hijacking your browsing experience.
The sites you visit store "cookies" in your browser without your knowledge or consent. Some are helpful, but others are frustrating and invasive. Cookie can help.
More privacy, better browsing
*Automated privacy control. Setup a timer, remove when you quit your browser, its entirely up to you when you remove your private browsing data.
*Enhanced for Security. Secure delete any unwanted data, and rest easy knowing that external threats can't recover your private data.
*Avoid invasive marketing. Tired of targeted ads that mysteriously know what products you've been shopping for online? Eliminate them with Cookie.
*Freedom from Flash, and Silverlight. Cookie is adept at eliminating Flash and Silverlight cookies, especially large and persistent types of cookie.
*Impressive results, with minimal effort. By consolidating all your cookie controls into an easy interface, Cookie makes maintaining your browsing privacy a cinch.
renamed app bundle Cookie 5
fixed notifications cookie removals count
fixed an issue with the systemstatus menu not displaying correctly with the dark menu bar
fixed some potential crashes
Simplified cookie management view
global keyboard shortcuts for some key functions
cleaned up setup window
browser bookmarks can now be imported as favorites
favorites can now be synchronized with browser bookmarks
global pause/enable button for automatic removals
updated menu icons
disabled menu icons
timer start/stop menu item to File menu
favorites not currently on disk now display a descriptive tooltip
handling of favorites not currently on disk
keyboard shortcuts now correctly focus window
display of clear button in SearchField
timer menu button is now correctly disabled when Browser is disabled
some constraints errors
an issue with repopulating settings for disabled browsers
import of favorites
an issue with display of silverlight cookies
an issue with favorites counts not matching
favorites not currently on disk are now shown on "All" tab
favorites not currently on disk not correctly colored when highlighted
some issues with Silverlight favorites
an issue with incorrectly labeled Firefox Developer Edition databases
status of Remove All Unwanted menu item
outlineview expand/collapse animation