Textastic is the most comprehensive and versatile text and code editor available for iPad and iPhone. It supports syntax highlighting of more than 80 programming and markup languages. Connect to SFTP, FTP, and WebDAV servers or to your Dropbox or Google Drive account. Use the built-in SSH terminal to work directly on your server.
• Compatible with TextMate 1 and Sublime Text 3 syntax definitions and themes
• FTP, FTPS (FTP over SSL), SFTP (SSH connection), WebDAV, Dropbox and Google Drive clients
• SSH terminal connections
• Git repositories from the Git client app Working Copy can be opened as external folders in Textastic
• Emmet support
• Supports TextExpander snippet expansion
• iCloud Drive file synchronization
• WebDAV server to easily transfer files from your Mac or PC over Wi-Fi.
• Symbol list to quickly navigate in a file
• Full support for external keyboards, trackpads, and mice
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts
• Displays additional keys over the virtual keyboard to make it easy to type characters often used for programming
• Cursor navigation wheel for easy text selection
• Easily move the cursor using swipe gestures
• Split View and Slide Over multitasking on iPad
• Open multiple files in tabs
• Multiple Windows on iPadOS
• Support for Dark Mode
• Supports most encodings like UTF-8, UTF-16, and ISO-8859-1
• Supports different tab widths and soft tabs (spaces instead of tabs)
• Custom fonts
• Find & Replace (including regular expression search)
• Find in multiple files
• File information like character count and word count
• Local and remote web preview for HTML and Markdown files
Don't hesitate to tell me the features you want to see in the next version!
- You can now rename and remove external folders using the context menu.
- Added "Show in Files App" to the context menu of all files and folders, as well as the "Local Files" and "iCloud" locations and external folders.
- Updated OpenSSL, libssh2, and libcurl to support RSA public key authentication with servers running the latest versions of OpenSSH (see details below).
- Invisible characters: when "Show Spaces" is enabled, non-breaking spaces (Unicode U+00A0) are now drawn as "•" in addition to regular spaces (U+0020) which are drawn as "·".
- Increased maximum word wrap column from 1000 to 100000.
- Use the remote connection's title as the navigation bar title instead of the host name or a generic title when connecting to the remote server.
- Fixed: when invoking "Go to Line" or "Wrap With Emmet Abbreviation", the text field sometimes did not show the insertion point.
- Fixed typo in html code completion ("kbd" instead of "kdb" tag).
The libssh2 library included in this update adds support for RFC8332 (rsa-sha2-512 and rsa-sha2-256 public key algorithms) as well as encrypt-then-mac MAC modes ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected]).
By default, OpenSSH 8.8 and later disables RSA signatures using the SHA-1 hash algorithm, so Textastic failed to connect to such servers since the previously used version of libssh2 only supported sha-rsa which used SHA-1.
Thanks a lot to Anders Borum for his help and contributions to libssh2!