Dungeons of Chaos is a retro-style 2D RPG that takes you on an epic journey with numerous spells, skills and tactical combat to employ in order to win the battle against evil. Huge locations to explore (both unique and randomised). Totally ad-free. >20000 sold so far for both major OS together, and 4.8 star rating and a very engaged fanbase on our facebook page, where I discuss frequent updates and additions.
Favourite fan quote to date (Kristian Borcheck): "If you were a fan of Ultima 3,4,5 or games of that ilk then this game will feel like coming home"
See overwhelming iOS reviews here:
Quotes on the original version:
"Deeply immersive and a whole lot of fun, Dungeons of Chaos belongs on the iPad of any self-respecting 1980s role-playing fan." - iRumorsnow
"If Avernum and Ultima 4ish had a genius baby, this would be it." - Aldinach
"The little guy who made this game made a gem. [...] It's very fun and deep. Creating characters is the bomb. It's great!" -- anabolicMike
- retro-style RolePlayingGame (RPG) in the spirit of old classics
- vast locations to explore in a top-down 2D tile-based view
- many different character classes, spells and skills to employ. Guilds can give access to advanced classes
- rewarding quests to fulfil
- atmospheric music, and detailed lighting and line-of-sight visual mechanics
- non-linear content and exploration: many locations exist outside the main storyline, with unique monsters and treasure and secrets
- some locations are fully randomised and different each time you play (procedural content generation). Some are randomised and re-settable. And there are over 30 fixed locations supporting the main storyline.
- many rare item properties make for over 5,000,000 combinations that let your armour, weapons and accessories take on powerful bonuses
- defeat many different monsters with unique abilities and challenges. level up your characters and upgrade their abilities.
- find important NPCs to expand your skill sets, find magic books to boost your spell knowledge and improve your equipment by trading your bounty with various shop owners
- intricate fight mechanics: flanking or being flanked makes an encounter change from being easy to being dangerous, and vice versa; using the right boost/support/attack spells and skills will prove vital for survival
- control a party of 6 characters, which you can generate using 9 starter classes and unique character features
- try out different classes, experience different randomised locations, find different equipment, for great replay value
- various difficulty levels. Higher difficulty yields better loot but also much tougher enemies and game mechanics
DETAILED GAME MECHANICS, TACTICS and HINTS are available at the support website https://dungeonsofchaos.wordpress.com.
Some gameplay videos:
Dungeons of Chaos is designed to work on as many devices as possible and back to iOS6. Issues DO arise on very old devices with low memory (RAM of 256MB or less), such as iPad2 or iPad Mini or iPhone 4S and 5C if the latter run iOS 8 or 9. The game works fine on iPhone 5S,6,6S,6Plus and on newer iPads like iPadAir 1 or 2, or iPad3.
For any problems or suggestions we would love to hear from you at: email@example.com .
- multi choice window key control issue fixed
- multi-door choices bug fixed, used to freeze
- apothecary birth feat item restriction now displays correctly
- the point blank cooldown skill is now usable on auto
- gradually lowered STUN effect where attack has less than half the strength of the target
- you can now compare rings if only the second ring slot is used
- you can now switch between first and second ring in comparison mode
- you can now switch between two swap weapons in comparison mode
- escape key to exit dimensional traders/takers
- beefed up crossbow damages (affects newly found ones)
- offhand items with moderate offensive properties: very class specific though: Main Gauche, SwordBreaker, Carnwennen
- fixed an issue where force damage is overstated for attack stats with items
- gave priest access to mass resist poison spell
- fixed ongoing damage from auto-cast hell plasma
- some minor fixes. and nerved fistfight archmage down again
- dimensional trade input now costs more than 1 talent point if you have obsessed dwarves in your party (they need to overcome their greedy nature each time)
- fixes a display glitch if entire equipment is empty
- the crazy prisoner now tells you if you are on track for the tight-a* achievement
- blood lust now has some life drain resist as well
- made the abandoned mines a bit more interesting… worth clearing them both out now. works on newly rolled dungeons only.
- new keyboard control: space bar now reacts as a WAIT command in world view. if you want to wait a turn to lure monsters closer etc. Otherwise/previously/Touchcontrol effect with same outcome: open inventory and go back out.