Dungeons of Chaos is a retro-style 2D RPG that takes you on an epic journey with numerous spells, skills and tactical combat to employ in order to win the battle against evil. Huge locations to explore (both unique and randomised). Totally ad-free. >15,000 sold so far for both major OS together, and 4.8 star rating and a very engaged fanbase on our facebook page, where I discus frequent updates and additions.
Upon popular request, this is the uniform phone/table and re-polished version of a Dec 2014 (iPad-only) App, that had 4.9 / 5.0 star rating on the US Apple store.
Favourite fan quote to date (Kristian Borcheck): "If you were a fan of Ultima 3,4,5 or games of that ilk then this game will feel like coming home"
See overwhelming iOS reviews here:
Quotes on the original version:
"Deeply immersive and a whole lot of fun, Dungeons of Chaos belongs on the iPad of any self-respecting 1980s role-playing fan." - iRumorsnow
"If Avernum and Ultima 4ish had a genius baby, this would be it." - Aldinach
"The little guy who made this game made a gem. [...] It's very fun and deep. Creating characters is the bomb. It's great!" -- anabolicMike
- retro-style RolePlayingGame (RPG) in the spirit of old classics
- vast locations to explore in a top-down 2D tile-based view
- many different character classes, spells and skills to employ. Guilds can give access to advanced classes
- rewarding quests to fulfil
- atmospheric music, and detailed lighting and line-of-sight visual mechanics
- non-linear content and exploration: many locations exist outside the main storyline, with unique monsters and treasure and secrets
- some locations are fully randomised and different each time you play (procedural content generation). Some are randomised and re-settable. And there are over 30 fixed locations supporting the main storyline.
- many rare item properties make for over 5,000,000 combinations that let your armour, weapons and accessories take on powerful bonuses
- defeat many different monsters with unique abilities and challenges. level up your characters and upgrade their abilities.
- find important NPCs to expand your skill sets, find magic books to boost your spell knowledge and improve your equipment by trading your bounty with various shop owners
- intricate fight mechanics: flanking or being flanked makes an encounter change from being easy to being dangerous, and vice versa; using the right boost/support/attack spells and skills will prove vital for survival
- control a party of 6 characters, which you can generate using 9 starter classes and unique character features
- try out different classes, experience different randomised locations, find different equipment, for great replay value
- various difficulty levels. Higher difficulty yields better loot but also much tougher enemies and game mechanics
DETAILED GAME MECHANICS, TACTICS and HINTS are available at the support website https://dungeonsofchaos.wordpress.com.
Some game trailer videos:
Dungeons of Chaos is designed to work on as many devices as possible and back to iOS6. Issues DO arise on very old devices with low memory (RAM of 256MB or less), such as iPad2 or iPad Mini or iPhone 4S and 5C if the latter run iOS 8 or 9. The game works fine on iPhone 5S,6,6S,6Plus and on newer iPads like iPadAir 1 or 2, or iPad3.
For any problems or suggestions we would love to hear from you at: [email protected] .
- modified the fight speed formulas for attacks and moves. found a few things I wanted to tweak AND found a genuine error where monster’s SLOW curse would actually speed you up. Guys can no longer get unlimitedly fast (which was never intended, but simply not tested > level ~60 or so).
- class change will now trigger unsuitable equipment to be removed
- for those finding themselves BEHIND Kratos’ corpse, there is now an emergency teleport out of the cave
- no longer any accidental wizard insignia created that give berserker will skill+
- upon popular demand: a monk can now become an exorcist !
- every item the diamond dragon drops now has a 5% chance of being geomancer crystals. because some people sold all 13 sets before noticing the pub quest.
- Parnosz got reported in, now he can no longer charge 1 gold for supposedly ‘free’ ID’ing
- magic lore skill and spell books owned now contribute to slight improvement in from-use spell proficiency gain
- added one undead dragon guard to Zomok’s pets area. so the tough grind for a vengeance spawn is not required
- made sure item highlights (red) in inventory screen work properly
- fixed an issue where corrupted items can occur on shield changes