-- Featured on The Verge, The Next Web, Charged, LifeHacker, MacWorld, Netted by The Webbys, The Modern Desk and Gear Patrol --
This is the email client you’ll finally love using.
Boxy is the absolute best client for 'Inbox by Gmail', the future of email. It gives you all the powerful features of ‘Inbox', with the convenience of a native client.
Boxy works with any Gmail account. Visit google.com/inbox (http://google.com/inbox) to discover Inbox!
= What makes Boxy an amazing email client? =
* Modern, clean, responsive interface
* Multiple accounts and multiple windows support
* Reader Mode, for an awesome email reading experience
* Multiple Themes. Choose between Light, White, Dark and Black
* Native OS X notifications with avatars and Dock icon badge
* Markdown support in the email composer
* You can make it your default email client
* Full screen and split screen support
* Menubar icon, colored blue to indicate new unread emails
* VIM and OS X style shortcuts support
* Full screen email composer
* Hide attachments preview and email previews to make your Inbox cleaner
* Option for bigger/smaller font size
* Spell check while typing and emoji support
* Drafts sync, start writing on Boxy e continue on mobile or web
* Safe and super lightweight
* Retina ready and built for El Capitan
* Regular free updates
And of course we fully support all of 'Inbox by Gmail' amazing features, like:
* Snooze your emails
* Automatically suggested smart replies
* Add Reminders right in your inbox
* Bundles keep emails organized
* ‘Trips' smart bundle and previews
* Pin emails to keep them in your inbox
* Smart newsletters preview
* Google Calendar emails are automatically parsed
* ‘Saved' bundle for your saved links
* Full archive search with smart queries
And so much more!
For support please visit http://www.boxyapp.co/support
Boxy is not affiliated with, associated to, nor endorsed by Google in any way. Gmail, Google, ‘Inbox by Gmail' and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
We’re really sorry to announce that we're dropping support for Yosemite, read why here: www.boxyapp.co/yosemite
= NEW FEATURES =
- New Black Theme — We’ve been working hard on this one, we can’t wait to know what you think.
- Mailto: link handling is back! — Click on an email link in a browser or other app to compose a new email with Boxy. To use this feature head to Boxy's Preferences and follow the instructions.
- Avatar pictures in notifications — We check Gravatar and websites' favicons to see if an email sender has an avatar or logo, and if we find one we display it in Boxy’s native notifications.
- Reader Mode controls — Hovering controls to quickly take action on emails from the Reader Mode (you can also use shortcuts).
- Faster loading times! — This makes a big difference especially on slow connections.
- New accessibility features — Users with alternative input devices rejoice! You can enable scrollbars in-app if you need them.
- Emoji shortcut — The emoji system shortcut Ctrl+Cmd+Spacebar is now working in the email composer! We always supported Emoji but they weren’t very accessible. Now they are, have fun!
= FIXES =
- Lots of UI tweaks and bug fixes
- Reader mode quits when a message is archived/deleted
- More reliable refresh (Cmd+Shift+R)
- Minimal Theme is not White Theme and it’s slightly translucent
- More stability, especially on weak networks
- App menu tweaks and additions