AUM is the flexible audio mixer, recorder, and connection hub for your iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Connect hardware inputs and outputs, Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio apps, Audiobus, soundfile players, built-in signal processing and filters, in any configuration you want.
Route anything to anywhere with mix-busses, effect sends, audiobus ports, and external multi-channel audio interfaces.
Play hosted synths and instruments using the built-in keyboard or external MIDI controllers, or sequence them from other apps using Virtual MIDI.
Record mixes, individual tracks, or both, straight into the storage space of AudioShare (no copying of files needed), with synchronized start and end.
Play back recordings, soundfiles and loops as channel sources in the mixer for backing tracks, further processing or mixing.
Route MIDI in any way you like using the MIDI matrix.
Synchronize everything with the transport clock and play in time with other apps or devices using Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network.
Includes built-in processing nodes for various stereo processing, Mid/Side balance and conversion, EQs and filters, limiting, clipping and saturation. Or use any 3rd party Audio Unit extension or Inter-App Audio effect.
All controls in the mixer can be controlled via MIDI, including parameters of hosted and built-in plugins.
"A brilliant idea that has been brilliantly executed. Top-notch technical stuff and highly recommended" - MusicAppBlog
"Feature rich, powerful, intuitive, and simple to use" - DubSpot
"Executes live mixing with surprising ease, with a load of extensive features under the hood, quick snappy response on the screen and audio" - AudioNewsRoom
• High quality audio up to 32-bit 96kHz
• Clean and intuitive user interface with crisp vector graphics
• Extremely compact and optimized code, very small app size
• Unlimited number of channels
• Unlimited number of effect slots
• Inserts and sends are configurable pre/post-fader
• Internal busses for mixing or effect sends
• Supports multi-channel audio interfaces
• Supports Audio Unit extensions, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Audiobus state saving
• Highly accurate transport clock
• Metronome with selectable output and optional pre-roll
• Sends host sync to Audio Unit plugins and IAA apps
• Play in time with Ableton Link
• FilePlayer with sync and looping with access to all AudioShare files
• Records straight into AudioShare storage space
• Record synchronized beat-perfect loops
• Built-in nodes for stereo processing, filtering and dynamics
• Latency compensation makes everything align at the outputs
• Separate Inter-App Audio / Audiobus output ports
• Built-in MIDI keyboard
• Fully MIDI controllable
• MIDI Matrix for routing MIDI anywhere
BUILT-IN SIGNAL PROCESSING
• Stereo balance
• Stereo to mono
• Stereo panning
• Mid/Side balance
• Mid/Side - Stereo convert
• Invert Phase
• Parametric EQ
• Low-shelf filter
• High-shelf filter
• Low-pass resonant filter
• High-pass resonant filter
• Hard clip
• Lookahead peak limiter
• Sync end of recording as well as start, for making beat-perfect loops.
• Display recorded num beats at each channel while recording.
• Allow channels input/output as sources for the main bus meter.
• IAA/AU nodes: MIDI filter with channel mask and note range.
• Multiple AU plugin windows can be shown simultaneously.
• Separate mono hardware inputs/outputs makes it easier to use mono channels.
• Selection of Metronome output channel.
• Allow saving user presets for AU plugins.
• Round-trip latency compensation when recording hardware inputs.
• 'All Notes Off' button for MIDI destinations.
• 4 more IAA/AB output ports, making it 8 in total.
• New 88.2 kHz sample rate option.
• FilePlayer: MIDI controllable Rate parameter.
• FilePlayer: Beat Offset setting.
• Setting for default Bus Send amount.
• Setting for initial PRE/POST for first FX slot in new channels.
• Save/restore bypass-state for nodes in sessions.
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
• Improved bus meter design makes it easier to read levels and detect clipping.
• Metronome level defaults to 30%, remember last setting on init/new.
• Plugin views and keyboard rotates to landscape on iPhone.
• Double tap FX slot area to quickly add new slots.
• Append FX slot index in AU effect plugin titles.
• Update plugin window title when channel or slot index changes.
• Transport: rewind/fast-forward if dragging outside edges.
• Upside-down orientation on iPhone.
• Show file size for recordings.
• IAA/AU node menu: go directly to MIDI route popup, with buttons for keyboard and IAA latency setting.
• AU plugin view: highlight keyboard button if connected to built-in keyboard.
• Divide transport beat phase line in beats.
• File browser: remember last folder that was open when closing menu.
• Host sync: Send current time signature to IAA nodes.
• Host sync: Don't send 'playing' during pre-roll.
• Host sync: Send stable session tempo instead of precise per-buffer tempo.
• Detect common IAA app bug and let RELOAD button auto-open the node app in those cases.
• Show Link indicator also if tempo menu is open.
• Show beat phase line also when stopped if connected to Link.
• Allow playing the built-in keyboard while browsing AU presets.
• Audiobus record trigger shows intermediate state while waiting for synced start.
• Allow placement of AU plugin views out of screen.
• LPF and HPF are now initially fully open.
• FilePlayer: make the play-enable toggle bigger and easier to hit.
• FilePlayer: play-enabled toggle starts immediately if SYNC is OFF.
• FilePlayer: sort folders at top in file picker.
• FilePlayer: show progress while loading long files.
• Various minor user interface improvements.
• Updated Users Guide.
• Connecting AUM to itself via Audiobus now works.
• Fixes for sample rate issues with Audiobus.
• Handle hosts with unstable buffer sizes (due to sample rate conversion).
• Don't show company groups for Audiobus inputs and outputs.
• Work around iOS bug when connecting multiple ports of AUM in other host.
• Work around iOS buzz-noise-bug for hosted IAA nodes when setting Measurement mode.
• Fix MIDI control of logarithmic AU plugin params.
• FilePlayer: fixes for loading files that take a long time to read.
• FilePlayer: don't show preview button on folders
• Fix broken file preview action menu in FilePlayer file picker on iPhone.
• Wait until all nodes finished loading before asking to change Link tempo.
• Fixes for synchronized recording start.
• Stepper value double tap allow both decimal point and comma when entering value.
• Fix for node param-knob visibility when loading session with bypassed node.
• Fix inconsistency when reloading broken IAA node and marking it as 'busy' in the node picker.
• Built-in keyboard: note was not triggered if already touched but finger moved to other note.