“H2O pro” application designed for thermodynamic water and steam properties calculations based on IAPWS equations of formulation IF-97.
“H2O pro” application has a user-friendly interface optimized for comfortable calculations of water and water steam properties so it could be easily used for industrial environment calculations and for calculations in the course of studies.
Due to the special hint system and optimized data input the total calculation time is highly reduced.
The application has two main modes and one auxiliary mode. Main modes of the application are used to calculate water and steam properties for one- and two-phase media.
Auxiliary mode is used to set a measurement system according to users preferences:
• SI - international system of units;
• EU - the Imperial system of measures used in the UK, USA and other countries;
• MkGS - technical system of measurements using a meter, a kilogram-force and a second as the basic units.
Conversion of the results is performed automatically when systems of measurements are switched.
Moreover, using the auxiliary mode is possible to turn “on” or “off” correction function for the “Pressure “ parameter and to set its value. If the correction is “on” – in main modes of the application the “Pressure” parameter uses the value of excess pressure.
For one-phase medium the application uses:
• input-output parameters: pressure(P), temperature (T) ,specific volume(V), specific enthalpy(H) , specific entropy(S);
• only output parameters: specific internal energy (U) isochoric specific heat conductivity (Cv), Isobaric specific heat conductivity (Cp), speed of sound, thermal conductivity (λ), dynamic viscosity (μ), Prandtl number (Pr), surface tension (σ).
Water and steam properties calculation for one-phase medium is performed for the following pairs of input parameters: (P,T); (P,V); (P,H); (P,S); (T,V); (T,H); (T,S).
Properties calculation for two-phase medium uses:
• input-output parameters: pressure (Ps), temperature (Ts), specific volume (V), specific enthalpy (H) and specific entropy (S), the degree of dryness of steam (x);
• only output parameters: specific internal energy (U), the coefficient of vaporization (r).
The calculation is performed for pairs of input parameters: (Ps,x); (Ps,V); (Ps,H); (Ps,S); (Ts,x); (Ts,V); (Ts,H); (Ts,S).