GeoShred Pro Version 2.6, an exciting update to the award-winning GeoShred musical instrument for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. GeoShred, Winner of 2017 Electronic Musician Editor's Choice Award as "one of the most innovative, groundbreaking products to emerge in the past twelve months".
Now everyone can shred using the the new diatonic playing surface! You can Shred the Blues and never hit a wrong note. Slide your finger in any direction and let the magic happen using a scale that fits perfectly against a backing track
GeoShred is highly expressive when controlling, and being controlled by, instruments that use the upcoming “MPE” MIDI specification (MIDI Polyphonic Expression). It’s both a powerful synth and a formidable iPad based MIDI/MPE controller!
GeoShred is an expressive musical instrument with a multi-touch performance surface, coupled with an advanced physical model of a guitar. A fusion of Wizdom Music’s Geo Synthesizer user interface (Jordan Rudess), and moForte’s powerful, modeled guitar and effects chain based on the next generation Physical Modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA.
With GeoShred’s physical modeling synthesis, you can achieve realistic guitar sounds that bend, stretch and manipulate the sound into endless possibilities. You can explore, edit and control the physics of a guitar model – including solid or hollow body, nylon or metal strings, pick position, harmonics and more.
GeoShred is NOT just another app. GeoShred is a powerful, musical instrument that offers a performance environment on a multi-touch surface unlike anything you’ve ever experienced.
GeoShred Pro Version 2.6 Features Include:
• A fluidly expressive playing surface + a Physically modeled guitar
• A diatonic keyboard where every key on the screen is in the scale.
• MIDI IN/OUT and MPE support
• MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, virtual MIDI and all digital interfaces
• MIDI configuration presets
• 3D touch on iPhones that support 3D touch
• Customizable control surface can be mapped to physical MIDI Controls
• Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support.
• Backing tracks from the iTunes library
• Multiple Modeled effects
• Modeled feedback and VCF effects
• Echo, a unique looper and multi-tap echo
• Finger vibrato, slide and fret scraping
• Unique mono mode using intervals of multiple strings.
• Built in Arpeggiator
• Alternative tunings
• Support for world scales and temperaments including Indian Ragas, Arabic and Balinese scales.
• Intelligent pitch rounding
• Easily share presets with friends
Praise for GeoShred
“GeoShred is brilliant- it’s a real instrument.” – Eddie Jobson
“A fantastic new invention which is going to revolutionize the way music is played, expressed and learned! “GeoShred” is one of the foremost best musical inventions I’ve had the pleasure to experience in recent years. Definitely 5 stars out of 5! GIGANTASTIVISSIMO…..R…A…Z !!!!!” – Patrick Moraz
“That’s just nuts. You’re [Jordan] the best-guitarist-without-a-guitar of all time” – Joe Satriani
“GeoShred is a breakthrough [musical instrument] for the iPad. Some might think it’s the best evidence yet that there has indeed been reverse engineering of alien technology, but if that’s the case, then aliens play guitar…and worship Jimi Hendrix.” – Craig Anderton Harmony Central
“Geoshred is a completely innovative music instrument that has become an essential tool for me in both worlds; on stage and in the studio. The quality, flexibility, expressibility and reliability of Geoshred have made it my go-to (and admittedly most used) iOS music app!” – Diego Tejeida, Haken
Though it’s not possible for us to respond to support issues posted in iTunes reviews, we are committed to a great support experience for our users. Please consider contacting us at [email protected] so that we may directly assist you.
Minimium Requirements: iPad2, iPhone 4s, iOS 9.3 or better.
We have been shredding away here making sure GeoShred is the most powerful and expressive instrument and MPE MIDI controller possible on your device. We have added:
- New diatonic playing surface. Now everyone can shred using the the new diatonic playing surface!
- Fixes for backing tracks, mini control surface, and quieter program changes
Jordan Rudess and the GeoShred team
P.S. If you love GeoShred, we would be so grateful if you rated us and left a review. Ratings get reset with updates. We want to keep making your musical world better! Your review will help us to make that happen