Simple yet powerful, this is the only app in the App Store that shows amazing real-time hi-def animated weather radar images in vivid color with lightning strikes and hurricane tracks on a highly responsive interactive map. You also get an awesome map based Notification Center Widget, live pressure readings from your device, weather forecast, severe weather warning boxes, snowfall, storm direction arrows, wildfires, current drought severity on the same map, along with support for Apple Watch.
Plus this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
Plus this is the only app where radar images will show up and start animating within 2 seconds of launching the app, even on a slow 3G connection. This is also the only map based weather app that keeps up even when you are rapidly zooming in and out, without any distracting flickering or other inconsistencies, and it will keep the animation going even as you are moving the map!
Plus this is the only app that allows you to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hour and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
Plus easily bookmark multiple locations so you can do a quick radar + forecast check for all your important places in just a few seconds.
- Install and go, no complex setup
- Notification Center widget featuring radar, temperature, current conditions and warnings
- Hourly forecast for the next 24 hours
- On screen temperature & conditions display for either your current or bookmarked home location
- Lightning strikes on the map!
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Severe weather warning boxes on the map
- Storm tracks/arrows on the map with detailed storm information
- Hurricane Forecast Tracks on the map
- Wildfire locations on map with detailed information and firefighting updates
- Sharp images
- US drought severity map
- Fast loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Intuitive play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames
- Always shows both time-stamp and "minutes ago" with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
- Select opacity of radar images to your taste
- Save/Share Radar Screenshot via email or social media
- Send Weather Postcard via email or social media
- Read Area Forecast Discussions issued by your nearest NWS forecast office
- Check your local radar site's hardware operational status from within the app
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Live pressure readings for devices with a barometer sensor
- Get fast support from within the app
Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), this app will likely not meet your needs, since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.