The Met Office weather app gives you world-leading weather forecasts direct from the best national weather forecaster.
Know what the weather will do with the most accurate forecasts and local weather coverage from 1 hour to 7 days ahead.
- Check rainfall forecast for the next 24 hours or the past 6 hours with the interactive rainfall map (manual scroll or using play feature)
- Check real time UK National Severe Weather Warnings with the interactive warnings map for your UK saved locations and the rest of the UK
- Receive weather alerts for the latest official UK National Severe Weather Warnings for your saved locations as soon as warnings are issued – including snow, strong winds, ice, fog and rain forecasts
- Get the most up-to-date and accurate global weather forecast information available for the next seven days
- Personalise your forecasts and see how the weather could affect your day by saving multiple locations
- View both daily and hourly forecasts for your favourite locations
- Watch the latest TV weather forecasts, updated four times a day Monday to Friday, and three times a day at the weekend
- Hourly forecast weather widget in the Today View (iOS 10 or higher)
- Share the forecast with friends and family directly from the app
PERSONAL, ACCURATE FORECASTS INCLUDING:
- Interactive UK rainfall map including both 24 hour forecast and 6 hour observations
- Interactive UK National Severe Weather Warnings map
- UK surface pressure map
- Probability of precipitation (rain, sleet, snow, hail, and drizzle)
- Actual temperature and ‘feels like’ temperature
- UK National Severe Weather Warnings alerts
- UK national weather forecast video
- Wind speed, direction and gusts
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Pollen and air pollution forecasts
- Pollen push notifications (from March to September)
- Local weather forecasts unlimited locations
- The ability to change your unit settings for temperature and wind speed
- UV Index, visibility, humidity and pressure
- Don’t like ads? Our app includes a £2.99 in-app purchase to remove all advertising.
We want to hear from you. The Met Office is committed to delivering new features based on your feedback and the reviews we receive. If you love our app rate and review it in the app store. If you have any suggestions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The app is designed to work on iOS 9, iOS 10 and iOS 11.
This app is ad-supported.
The Met Office app uses your location information to give you the most accurate and localised weather forecast possible.
You can turn off location settings at any time and your location information will not be collected. Select ‘Settings’ on your device, then the Met Office App, then disable location. To get a local forecast you will need to search and save locations within the app.
- - -
About the Met Office
The Met Office is the UK’s national weather service and a world leader in providing weather and climate services. Recognised as one of the world’s most accurate forecasters, we use more than 10 million weather observations, an advanced atmospheric model and a high performance supercomputer to create 3,000 tailored forecasts and briefings every single day. We are also responsible for the UK National Severe Weather Warning Service, mandated by Government, which aims to give advance warning of extreme weather to the public. See www.metoffice.gov.uk for more information.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements to improve user experience.