Want to know the elevation of that mountain peak? It's easy with PlaceBeam. Just select "Earth Features", aim your phone at it and touch "Get Places". PlaceBeam has 21 place categories (food, fuel, lodging...) with over 1 million USA places contained in the app.
PlaceBeam has 3 modes of operation:
1. Area - Displays places in all directions that are within the selected Range.
2. Route - When moving your current course and speed information are displayed. Place selection is based on a 45 degree} section directly in front of you. When you are not moving the heading orientation is the last heading used.
3. Beam - Displays places within a selected beam width (22.5 degrees to 90 degrees) oriented at the direction the device is pointing.
1. Over 1 million USA places. Wikipedia/Wikivoyage place articles noted by yellow highlighting in the place list.
2. Street View - When you select a place the closest street view to that place is shown (if available).
3. Alphabetic and distance sort of the place display list.
4. Ability to bookmark a place of interest.
5. Two reference locations are available. Your current location (default) or a USA location of your choosing.
6. Works both online and offline. While offline Wikipedia article text and street view are not available. Offline maps are available if the area map was previously used and stored in cache memory.
7. Current magnetic heading and elevation are continuously displayed on the home screen.