Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with macOS Mojave and Scripting support!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 25 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Added support for Continuity Camera in macOS Mojave. With that you can right-click on the photo preview on the record and choose ‘Import from Device’. Your iOS device’s camera will activate and if you choose to use the photo taken, it will be transferred to the Photo field in Tap Forms. It’s also available from the Action menu on the media browser window.
• Photo field now supports animated GIFs.
• Field types other than Text now support the value colour property.
• Fixed bug copying and pasting layout objects. They weren’t retaining their properties from the source layout objects.
• Pick List Values edit screen now displays values with dynamic row heights. So if you have long values, they won’t get truncated.
• Added Search field to Pick List Values edit screen to help you find values that you may want to edit.
• Added Show in Finder function to the media browser to show you the .blob file on disk that corresponds to the photo you’re viewing.
• Added support for using a Pick List to get the values to select from in the JS Prompter. When you add a parameter to the Prompter, pass in picklist for the parameter type and the Pick List name as the value.
• Bento importer now imports Calculation fields that return Text values.
• Text field layout item wasn’t respecting Capitalization function.
• Added field ID to the Script Editor window. When you select a field, the ID is displayed between the Fields list and the Snippets list. You can select the field ID too.
• Pasting in a field ID into the Search field will show you the field that matches the ID.
• Added support for auto-complete in the Script Editor.
• Added support for MM:SS number format. Formats seconds into minutes and seconds.
• Note fields will now trigger calculation and script field executions when saved.
• Added list of custom paper sizes to Paper Size popup button on the Layout Inspector panel. Custom paper sizes are defined on the Print window. They will appear at the bottom of the list of paper sizes.
• Improved support for displaying high DPI images in the media browser and media preview views.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan