Gifox is a beautifully designed and masterfully crafted app that records your screen into animated GIFs – the great alternative between static images and full-size videos. It's your best companion for:
- Micro-screencasts and product demos
- Animated instructions and bug reporting
- Selective on-screen video capturing
Gifox introduces a completely new way of continuous screen capturing with window selection mode – you select a window and Gifox precisely records it even when it's moved or covered up by other windows. Free selection mode is also there for you – fast-select any area on the screen and hit record, like you used with the standard grab app / Cmd+Shift+4 command.
- Pixel-sharp selection with accurate margins
- Only selected window without any overlaps
- With or without window shadow
- With or without desktop background
A set of capturing options accessible via preferences window let you explicitly control your recording and output.
- Record fps
- Playback fps
- Window shadow
- Desktop background
Advanced compression options provide complete control over output quality and file size.
- Palette generation
Open up Gifox in any selection mode using preconfigured global shortcuts, which can be customised in preferences.
- Cmd+Shift+5 initiates/stops free selection mode recording
- Cmd+Shift+6 initiates/stops window mode recording
Easily share your recordings with Dropbox, Google Drive and Imgur, copy or drag-and-drop them to other apps! Support for more great services underway, but we want to know what integrations would be most useful for you – let us know using the in-app feedback form or contacts on our website.
Big performance update addressing issues with battery usage on systems with dual GPU.
- Remove horizontal scrolling from main assistant view when scroll bars are configured to always show in system preferences.
- Various user interface and experience improvements in licensing dialogue and workflow, including in-app purchase price, better error messages, instructions and tooltips.
- Failed recordings would remain on the list allowing to send a bug report until manually removed.
- Gifox would no longer cause high energy consumption on systems with dual GPU, see issue #79 @GitHub for details.
- Occasional crash when closing tooltip in main assistant popover.
- Restoring in-app purchases now shows correct notification when there are no purchases.
- Output folder selected in welcome screen would not get stored in preferences.