Deep civilization-building strategy in a fast-paced card game!
There are many paths to victory in this competitive strategy boardgame featuring hundreds of cards ranging from great pyramids and war elephants to sneaky spies and crafty merchants. Perfectly balance your city’s culture, military, defense and economy to outwit your opponent and win!
"Age of Rivals feels like a breath of fresh air in an App Store drowning in more traditional collectible card games" - 148Apps.com - 5/5 stars
"...there's a depth here that other games of the same length can't emulate" - Pocket Gamer - Silver Award Winner
"Gameplay is fast, very fun, and requires both an overall strategy and turn-by-turn tactics to prevail." - Pocket Tactics
Age of Rivals was inspired by strategy boardgames and designed to be ideal for 1 or 2 players to play in 10 minutes with plenty of depth and replayability. It's the "anti-deckbuilding" CCG, where having only minimal control over your deck encourages endless variety in each game and puts the focus on in-the-moment tactical decision-making.
There are NO in-app purchases. All game content unlocks at a constant pace just by playing the game.
PLEASE check if your device is supported in the list below before purchasing:
- iPhone 5s and higher (not iPhone 5 or 5c)
- iPad Airs and iPad Pros (not iPad 1st/2nd/3rd/4th gen)
- iPad Mini 2 and higher
- iPod Touch 6th gen
- Play offline or online
- Play as 12 unique characters
- Earn over 200 cards with unique special abilities
- Single player vs a smart AI
- Single player challenge levels
- Networked multiplayer (requires creating free online account)
- Ranked public matchmaking (requires creating free online account)
- Private friend matches (requires creating free online account)
- Alliances with other players (requires creating free online account)
- Monthly tournaments (requires creating free online account)
Bugs fixed in this version:
Cards that lose all culture no longer show a visible value of 0. This was confusing with respect to abilities that target cards with culture (like Onagers).
Sometimes player names didn't show up in the end game stats dialog.
Sometimes icons weren't showing in the right location in ability text when opening card packs.
When Reinforcements get knocked out or blocked, the buffed card no longer incorrectly loses all its attack.
Abilities that are blocked no longer incorrectly trigger when ruined (such as Ruiner of All Things).
When a card that is buffed by Assacani or Chariots gets swapped (by Master Thief), it now correctly loses the buff.
Temple of Protection will no longer incorrectly waste its ability trying to save Shock Troops.