Sail Buddy is a light-weight app that displays course, speed and NMEA data in a fast, clean interface. This is not a "kitchen sink" application with lots of features you may or may not use. If you want a clean, easy-to-read data display to complement your navigation and weather apps, this might be the one for you. And the Apple Watch lets you keep track of course, speed and essential data, hands free, no matter where you are on your boat!
Sail Buddy receives NMEA data from external hardware via a WiFi connection. Your hardware must support WiFi or be connected to a multiplexer with WiFi support. Sail Buddy includes a "demo" mode that plays sample NMEA data if you just want to see how the app works without connecting to an NMEA network.
• Displays course and speed and NMEA data in a large, easily read display
• Support for TCP and UDP connections
• Support for Sail Timer wind instrument™ and Sail Timer wind vane™
• Route tracking with full capture of GPS and NMEA data
• Export routes in CSV, KML, GPX and GeoJSON
• Alarms for lost data connections and potential groundings (if your hardware supports depth data)
• Start and stop instruments and tracking with your Apple Watch
• Supports Split View on newer iPads (use Sail Buddy alongside your favorite navigation app)
Version 2.0 adds home screen shortcuts, support for the Sail Timer Wind Instrument™ and other minor improvements.