Play Harry Dresden and his friends as they take on the cases from the bestselling Dresden Files novels in the ultimate what-if scenario—what if Harry was on the scene with allies who weren’t there in the original story? The core game includes Harry, Murphy, Susan, Michael, and the Alphas and plays through the first five novels as well as Side Jobs, a random scenario generator based on the short story collection of the same name. Designs are already well underway for expansions featuring more series characters and more novels.
Number of players: 1-5
Length: 30 minutes
Type of Game: Cooperative
This is the officially licensed version of the tabletop game by Evil Hat.
The Dresden Files Cooperative Card Game, the Fate logo, and related images are trademarks of Evil Hat and are ©2016 Evil Hat Productions, LLC. Based upon the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher. All rights reserved.
* A player can only draw cards if their draw pile isn't empty. Discards are no longer reshuffled into the draw pile.
* When drawing cards, only draw as many as are available in the draw pile.
* When prompting to pick a character to draw cards, filter out characters with no cards in their draw pile.
* Defeat screen: fixed a bug with the try again button not triggering.
* The 'bug report' and 'dice test' option descriptions are no longer swapped.
* The control to toggle the "don't show this again" option on the book synopsis now also works to turn the toggle off as well as on.
* Dragging cards when viewing zoomed cards now shows the card being dragged when the table is set to use low-detail cards.
* Viewing the next or previous zoomed card when the table is set to use low-detail cards now works correctly.
* Numerous fixes to when the current selection indicator is displayed.
* Achievement and dice roll stats are included in bug reports.
* Consult with Vaderrung now works correctly when using a game controller.
* Foo Dog can only be used if at least one player can discard and at least one player can draw cards.
* Foo Dog will now only allow selecting players to draw cards that actually have cards in their draw pile.
* Timely Assist only allows selecting characters who have cards remaining in their draw pile.
* Timely Assist can only be played if someone has cards in their draw pile.
* The character selection dialog can no longer be canceled with esc/gamepad in instances where selection is required.
* Added cards-in-draw-pile indicator to hero buttons.
* Type-in boxes in Options should now have more robust cross-platform UX.
* Join/Host online games show the correct remote player selections when first starting up.
* In a 2-player networked game, the guest players also see their hand cards during pre-game planning.
* Fixed the layout for the Book Synopsis Dialog on narrow screens.
* In a 2-player network game, the card that was just played/discarded for fate is removed from the table correctly at the time of play instead of waiting to update until that player's next turn.
* When using low-detail cards on the table, cards now zoom in and out using the correct sorting order.
* The selection indicator should no longer show up when viewing defeated foes / solved cases and not using a game controller.
* Updated the character selection dialog so it doesn't look like characters are selected when they aren't.
* Join Private Game and LAN Games screens should now have tab navigation of fields.
* Fixed a typo in the name for selecting French language. It now reads Français instead of Françias.
* Move DNS checks in the direct connect screen to a separate task so it doesn't block during input.