This math app is about a multiplication technique introduced by Shri Bharti Krishna Tirthaji in his book “Vedic Mathematics”, published in 1965. Tirthaji claimed to have found the mathematical content for his book in ancient sacred Hindu texts.
In the vertically and crosswise multiplication method the numbers are multiplied by altering vertical and crosswise multiplications so that two digit numbers can be multiplied in just three steps: vertical, crosswise, and vertical. Three digit multiplications require just five steps: vertical, crosswise, vertical, crosswise, and vertical.
The method has similarities with the lattice and grid multiplication methods. With enough practice one can eventually do all the steps in one’s head and mentally solve multiplication problems without writing the steps down.
- The multiplicand can have up to 3 digits
- The multiplier can have up to 3 digits
- You can set your own problems
- The current operation for each column can be hidden
- The operands for the current operation can be highlighted
- Three different themes
- Native interfaces for iPhone, and iPad
- Open worksheets of up to 10 problems that are made on the iDevBooks.com site
Other iDevBooks math apps
iDevBooks math apps have been reviewed and endorsed by Wired.com, Common Sense Media, and other respected sites and organizations.
Some of the over 30 other iDevBooks math apps are Visual Multiplication Table, Decimal Rounding, Whole Number Rounding, Column Subtraction, Column Addition, Long Division, Long Multiplication, Lattice Multiplication, Fraction Math, Partial Differences Subtraction, Partial Quotients Division, Partial Sums Addition, etc.
Feedback and requests for new features
New ideas to make this app better are welcome. Please visit idevbooks.com to give feedback.
This app has no ads or in-app purchases and it does not transmit any data during the operation of the app. This app also does not contain any links to other apps or the web.
- open worksheets from app (new worksheets can be made on the iDevBooks.com site)
- support for iOS 10.0
- support for shared iPad in school environments
For more information about worksheets and other new features of this version please visit idevbooks.com. Please also get in contact if you have any feedback or you want information about 32 iDevBooks math apps.