KPlayerAir is a light, video playback app. It can play video files(common MPEG-4 video; MP4/M4V/MOV, H.264, YUV420P, AAC/ALAC) with subtitles(SMI/SRT).
• To add video/subtitle files or folders to the app, use the ‘File Sharing’ feature of ‘iTunes’; ‘iTunes’ > Select a Device > ‘Apps’ > ‘File Sharing’ > ’KPlayerAir’. And sub-folders of these added folders are ignored.
- It supports Ruby tag, Integrated, Text encoding.
- Subtitles(SMI/SRT) are displayed in real time even if it searches the playback position through the time slider, gestures or ‘Skip’.
- If the video (file_name) is opened, it searches the subtitles (file_name or file_name*) at the same folder; ‘file_name.smi’, ‘file_name*.smi’, ‘file_name.srt’, ‘file_name*.srt’.
- Closed Caption style/behavior follows the operating system settings; ‘Settings’ > ‘General’ > ‘Accessibility’ > ’Subtitles & Captioning’. And CC are always displayed at the bottom of the screen. Their timing can’t be adjusted. Also, even if there are two or more CC items, it can select only one of them.
- Long press with one finger: Play/Pause
- Swipe left/right with two fingers: Backward/Forward
• If the video/audio track was encoded in the settings that are not supported by the operating system, it may not be able to play; For example, ‘YUV420P 10-bit’, 'YUV444P 10-bit' pixel formats are not supported.
• It doesn't support the playback of a protected video file.
It fixed small bugs.