4.5 out of 5 stars - Touch Arcade: "Demon's Rise 2: Lords of Chaos is one of the finest turn-based strategy RPGs on the App Store"
4 out of 5 stars - Pocket Tactics: "Demon's Rise 2 is one of the better role-playing games of the year. It's certainly the deepest in terms of tactical decision-making opportunities and challenging combat encounters."
You are no hero … no prancing knight or scholarly wizard but a champion of the dark gods. As their chosen, you have command of legions of barbarians, beastmen and demons. Wield unholy strength, necromancy and hellfire to bring ruin to the civilized realms. Honor your gods on the bloody fields of battle in a quest for power and ascension.
Demon’s Rise 2 is a turn-based, tactical RPG set in a brutal and unforgiving fantasy world. Taking place amidst a horrific war in the cold north, the campaign will see your party fight innumerable enemies, huge monsters and powerful sorcerers. Victory will require the tactical use of terrain, morale, formations and magic. Build an increasingly powerful war band, command demonic allies, and crush those that stand against you.
• Tactical Choices: Use terrain effects, cover and line of sight to gain an edge over your enemies. Employ spells to hinder powerful enemies, area effect damage to clear the field of lesser foes and buffs to strengthen your allies.
• Build Your Party: Your warriors will improve with every victory, becoming stronger and unlocking new powers and skills. Acts of courage and savagery on the battlefield will bring favor from your gods, which can mean the difference between glory and defeat.
• Collect Gear: Equip your warriors with powerful weapons, arcane objects, runic armor and legendary artifacts. There are thousands of items to find and collect, each with their own stat effects and background lore.
• Campaign: Fight through a lengthy campaign and numerous side quests that span more than 80 hours of play time. No level caps and the ability to replay levels at a harder difficulty add to the longevity.
• Engaging Lore: Immerse yourself in the history of Tarren, the world of Demon’s Rise. A land of broken empires and shattered kingdoms where armies of humans, demons and other races fight for bitter survival.
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wavelightgames
Follow us on Twitter: @wavelightgames
New Content: Vampire Knight character class added to player characters. The Vampire Knight is a powerful fighter and mage that can feed on her enemies during battle.
New Content: Blade Dancer character class added to player characters. The Blade Dancer is an acrobatic and deadly warrior that wields twin blades with deadly grace and skill.
Enhancement: Units can now move multiple times during a turn, provided they do not move more than their maximum movement range. For example, this allows them to move, attack, and move again.
Enhancement: Major UI overhaul. Character stats now moved to top right of screen with clearer life / AP bars.
Enhancement: UI objects / buttons now move in during player turn and move off screen during enemy turns to maximize view.
Enhancement: Enemy character stat button now shoes remaining life so players no longer have to click the button to see how many hit points the character has.
Enhancement: Improved blood effects on character death to now fade in / out gradually.
Enhancement: Characters that bleed when destroyed now have a variety of new blood effects.
Enhancement: Shop / Vendor now carries 3x as many items that are sorted by quality. Drop down menu added to show items that are of low, medium and high quality.
Balance Change: Tenaclid Overmind's Mental Strain ability now applies a -50% dodge chance penalty to affected target.
Balance Change: Increased attack damage for Feral Ogre's melee and missile attack (when ability activated).
Bug Fix: Fixed bug where the abilities of allies and mind controlled units would not work correctly.
Bug Fix: Significantly reduced crashes on iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air and other devices with 1GB RAM by enabling greater texture compression on these devices. Additional graphics options are now disabled for these devices.
Bug Fix: Improved memory usage to further reduce crashes related to memory.
Bug Fix: Numerous minor bug fixes and improvements.