Design your game art on the move with Pixel Art Pro.
If you are a game artist or just want to create some cool animations to share with your friends - this is the app for you.
With the following features you may find you don't even want to use your desktop art package to create your game art - after all it is easier to draw on a touch screen than it is with a mouse!
- Choose the size of your pixel canvas up to 256 pixel square - (Sizes do not have to be square, for example you could have a character which is 96 pixels high and 64 pixels wide).
- Hide/Show grid lines
- Pinch to zoom
- Drag with TWO fingers to Pan
- Choose from a large colour palette or add your own custom colour with the colour picker. Your custom palette will be stored along with your project
- Freehand (pixel plotting)
- Draw Lines
- Draw Circles
- Flood fill
- Cut or copy regions
- Rotate 90% clockwise or anticlockwise
- Flip horizontally or vertically
- Undo/redo on a per layer basis
- Create, move, delete or copy Frames.
- Create, move, delete layers - (long press to rename).
- Hide/Show layers
- Lock/Unlock layers
- Choose your own background colour for preview.
- Playback animations
- Adjust frame rate
- Import existing tile maps via Photos extension.
- Export as a tile map for your game or as an animated gif.
Icons used by the app were obtained from https://icons8.com
Artwork used in the screen shots was obtained from http://opengameart.org/content/fumiko-complete-charset
Many thanks to the artists for the hard work and making it public domain
Fixing the colour editor so that it fits iPhone 5 screen better. Also added some conditional build flags so that it will still work on older 9.0 version of iOS but without local notifications or iMessage support.