Overthrow your father's regime with his own secret experimental fighter plane! Dogfight dieselpunk aeros to save your city and the iron jungle beneath it.
"Empyrean" is an interactive "flying ace" novel by Kyle Marquis where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—325,000 words, without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
Far below the city of Actorius lies the mysterious world of the Deep Tech--creatures and plants both living and mechanical, and powered by unknown forces. Your father harvests the tech to create experimental airships, and the Revolution that fights his every move races to do the same. Your father's aero, the Empyrean, is governed by Deep Tech dynamics not even he understands.
Only you can fly the Empyrean, match wits against ruthless oligarchs and devious spies, and take to the sky to fight your city’s enemies. But who is the enemy? The Revolution, or the government they say is corrupt? Foreign invaders, or the Deep Tech itself?
In a world of gleaming towers and downtrodden laborers, streaking aeros and deadly rooftop duels, when you risk it all, the sky's the limit!
• Fly the Empyrean, the greatest aircraft ever designed
• Play as a man, a woman, or nonbinary; romance men or women.
• Explore the Deep Tech, a savage mechanical ecosystem below your city.
• Conceal your true identity from your family and the secret police.
• Befriend Wesh, a denizen of the Deep Tech who is both human and machine
• Cross swords in top secret research facilities, elegant cafés, and even atop airplanes in flight!
• Use the Deep Tech and your political authority to improve and protect your city
• Side with the revolution, the government, foreign powers, or the Deep Tech itself!
Fixes a bug where the game jumps back a few pages when you pause and resume playing.
If you enjoy playing "Empyrean," please leave a written review. It really helps!