ABBYY BookScanner – smart pocket scanner for books!
BookScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful mobile scanner to quickly capture books, create electronic copies in PDF and JPG, EPUB or FB2 and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
Create an ebook on your iPhone or iPad and make perfect digital copies of paper ones. BookScanner is a lifesaver for students, researchers and virtually anyone, that is always at hand.
• BOOKSCANNER. Take a snapshot of facing book pages. BookScanner will split the shot into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will then unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a desktop scanner.
• EBOOKS. Scan paper books and create electronic copies in PDF, JPEG, EPUB or FB2.
• OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (DOCX, PDF, TXT and more) preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables and headers.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Use our set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal sensitive content with the redaction tool.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit and enhance separate images or large multi-page books (up to 100 pages per book) quickly and easily.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send books via email, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer them to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside the app with tags and search capabilities.
• PASSWORD POTECTION. Protect your image-only PDF files with a password while exporting and sending via email.
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BEST-SHOT PHOTO MODE. Select Best-shot button on the viewfinder and BookScanner will automatically choose and process the best of the three images captured.
• 3D TOUCH AND SPOTLIGHT SEARCH. Tap the BookScanner icon and find scans straight from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
Your Library Pocket Scanner.
Please leave a review if you like BookScanner. It will be highly appreciated!
BookScanner has significantly changed. The design was absolutely rethought:
+ edit screen,
+ crop screen,
+ filter screen.
What’s more, the app now automatically goes to edit screen if the photo is imported from the gallery.
Also, it now fully supports iOS 12 and Siri Shortcuts
+ Choose Batch mode to scan multiple pages
+ Quality of document preview and saved documents has increased
Major changes introduced in past releases:
+ Improved export to OneDrive.
+ Changes in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union.
+ Small improvements to the online OCR process.
Welcome the new BookScanner and share your feedback in AppStore.