Sudden Strike is back! The beloved Real Time Strategy series returns, this time with bigger battlefields, more units, better graphics, new scenarios and legendary commanders with individual abilities – all of which makes Sudden Strike 4 more tactical and realistic than ever before!
Sudden Strike 4 sends you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War 2. Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle; like the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger.
In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.
Prove your strategic expertise in over 20 demanding singleplayer scenarios, the challenge-focused skirmish mode and the ultra-competitive multiplayer mode. Excellence will be rewarded through a unique reward system, where successfully completing missions will unlock exclusive content, such as historical film footage from the era.
Sudden Strike 4 offers countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmaneuver the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes – how you approach each mission is up to you!
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting.
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles.
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Optional „Pause & Play“ for more tactical depth
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane.
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode.
Processor: 2.0 GHz
Graphics Card: 2 GB RAM
Free Harddisk Space: 12 GB
macOS: version 10.11 (El Capitan)
All MacBook Pro end of 2013 or later with minimum 2 GB graphics RAM
All iMacs end of 2013 or later with minimum 2 GB graphics RAM
All iMacs with Retina Display end of 2014 or later with minimum 2 GB graphics RAM
All Mac Pros end of 2013 or later
CONTACTING THE DEVELOPER
Problems, praise, criticism:
Visit www.kalypsomedia.com or contact us directly at [email protected]
Add-On "Sudden Strike 4: Africa - Desert War" now available for download
• Based on the events of the Western Desert Campaign during World War II, the Sudden Strike 4: Africa – Desert War add-on centers around some of the most notorious desert skirmishes in North Africa. Fight in an unforgiving and harsh desert setting with sandstorms to challenge your tactical wits.
Doctrine skill rework
• Reworked the improved camouflage skill, which now allows the vehicles affected by it to remain hidden, even in open terrain.
Group selection rework
• You now have the opportunity to select a subset of the selected unit with the TAB key, which will allow you to use the unit's skills more effectively.
Custom Key Bindings
• Added the community requested feature for you to be able to customize the key bindings. You can find it in Settings -> Mouse and keyboard layout menu.
Extended Ping functionality
• Added two new ping actions in Multiplayer battles to ask your teammates for defensive and offensive support.
Doctrine skill rework
• Reworked the APCR ammo doctrine skill, which will now penetrate half of the target's armor, instead of giving a flat damage bonus.