Created by a Primetime Emmy® award-winning software engineer, the Buttery Smooth Video Camera delivers broadcast-quality results without massive complexity.
Previously, pro camera apps required the knowledge of a film degree, and the hands of a contortionist. Buttery changes all that with Operator-Assist™ technology. Cinematic zoom provides natural pulls with a single tap. Real-time level and horizon overlays mean you’ll never have tilted videos again.
We obsessed for hundreds of hours to make Buttery powerful, yet simple.
- Record easily outdoors with large controls, and readable text.
- Turn location tagging on or off anytime. Your choice.
- Know how much record time is available as you select frame rate, resolution and camera.
- Consume less power than other camera apps, so you can record more and worry less.
Get full manual control of exposure, color and focus with freeze lock to prevent mistakes during recording. Buttery’s comparison meter even shows you the difference between your current manual exposure settings and what the automatic settings would have been.
Got a DJI OSMO Mobile 1 or 2 gimbal? So do we. It’s fully integrated into Buttery, with record start/stop, both manual and preset zooms, orientation reset, pan / tilt control, free / follow modes, battery level, and status viewfinder overlays.
Grab an inexpensive bluetooth remote shutter, and avoid bumps caused by tapping the screen. Start/stop recording, zoom in/out, or take a photo without touching your device.
Buttery's viewfinder now provides a grid of thirds, square, and center-circle overlay choices to help with scene composition. There’s even a special low-light video recording mode for higher-quality video when reality is a bit dark.
Everything you need is close, without clunky app-switching. Play, scrub and inspect your videos, and mark favorites. The easy-to-view battery level, clock, screen brightness and rotation lock are all a single tap away.
There’s no catches, no in-app purchases. Just Buttery goodness.
When you install the app for the first time (or delete and re-install the app), you can choose whether to allow us to collect anonymous data about your use of Buttery to help fix bugs and make the app better.
“Buttery” and “Buttery Smooth Video Camera” are trademarks of Simple Fun, all rights reserved. And we’re not DJI. They own their own trademarks like “OSMO”. Frannie (Instrumental Version) by Josh Woodward is licensed under an Attribution License.
We’re happy to deliver some common requests!
- We added a new square viewfinder overlay, in addition to the center-circle and thirds options.
- Buttery now supports both single and dual-button Bluetooth remote triggers. Dual-button triggers manually (but smoothly of course!) zoom in and out, while the single-button trigger mode goes between your “in” and “out” presets (or zoom min and max if you don't have presets).
- New manual microphone selection - you can choose which of your iPhone or iPad’s built-in mics are used during video recording, including audio monitoring. If you plug an external mic into your Lightning port, it can also be selected.
- When you install the app for the first time (or delete and re-install the app), you can choose whether to allow us to collect anonymous data about your use of Buttery to help fix bugs and make the app better.
- We’re now leaner! Well, at least our app that is. Takes up less space on your device. And we squashed a few bugs.
Enjoying your Buttery video camera? Please leave a review in the App Store. Contact us with questions or suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org.