'Overlay Action Camera Pro' renders instrument displays for speed, location, altitude, g-force, compass, time, date and many more directly into your action video movie at the time it is recorded with your built-in camera. 'Overlay Action Camera Pro' turns your device into the ultimate action camera. It does not only display these instrument on screen, but it renders them into the MPEG-4 video. These 'head up display' instruments are configurable and freely movable within the picture frame.
► Applications of Overlay Action Camera Pro
You can use 'Overlay Action Camera Pro' during sports wherever you want to prove your speed, g-force, location, position, altitude, heading, compass, duration, distance, roll, pitch, date, time in an recorded action video. Typical sports are: Car racing (on-board-camera), mountain biking, skating, skiing, sailing, hiking, surfing, flying, kiting or any other fast moving action sports activities.
► Available instruments for Overlay Action Camera Pro
• "Speed”: Graphical instrument displaying current speed of your camera
• "Compass”: Graphical instrument displaying current magnetic compass angle; relative to north
• "Heading”: Graphical instrument displaying current movement heading vector; relative to north
• "Roll/Pitch”: Graphical instrument displaying roll and pitch of your camera
• "G-Force”: Graphical instrument displaying horizontal and vertical G-Forces experienced by your cam
• "Date”: Current date
• "Time”: Current time
• "DateTime”: Current date and time as 1-or 2-line text display
• "Position”: GPS position coordinates of you location as 1-or 2-line text display
• "Heading”: Heading angle of current movement heading vector of your camera relative to north
• "Compass”: Compass angle of your cam viewing vector of your camera relative to north
• "Altitude”: Altitude based on GPS
• "Distance”: Distance traversed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
• "Duration": Duration passed since start. Can be reset in ‘Settings’ by the user anytime
• "No Instrument”: Needed if you do not want to display anything in a particular instrument slot
► Further infos for Overlay Action Camera Pro
• Video recorder movie format: MPEG-4, 720p
• Supports video recording in landscape & portrait
• Instruments are movable and available in different sizes
• GPS and Gyro are used to update telemetry data in realtime
• Supports metric, imperial and nautical units
• Universal app running on iPhone and iPad
• Overlay Action Camera Pro always tries to setup the highest fps camera mode available on the device. However the actual frame rates achieved are lower and they vary depending on the graphics power of your device. The realtime telemetry update along with realtime video movie recording and concurrent display update is a demanding process that requires certain power. Therefore older devices might experience lower frame rates.
• Please note that Overlay Action Camera Pro can be started on devices without GPS support. However it does not make much sense on these devices since GPS-based telemetry data such as speed, location, etc. cannot be updated.
• Audio recording is now supported
• Since nearly all battery consuming services like GPS, GPU graphics, gyroscope, video camera, movie encoding and movie recording are simultaneously used, the app is battery demanding. Take care of that!
• Frame rates: iPhone 6 and above approx. 60 fps, iPhone 5 approx. 30 fps depending on telemetry displays selected
Please have a look on our promotion video: http://www.cneubauer.net/en/gps-video-speedometer
► Notes from the developer
Please rate and review every new version of the app in the app store!
Any feedback and/or improvement feature requests are highly welcome.
The Pro-Version contains all In-App-Purchases of the free Version and id ad-free.
iOS 11 tested