Regardless of format limits, wirelessly stream any local video & music files (not web content) to Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, Android TV, and all other Google Cast-enabled devices.
No longer you have to spend hours converting the files to “right” formats beforehand. This app allows you to beam any movie directly from your Mac to the big screen, wirelessly! Simple as that!
To see the app in use, please watch a little demo video http://bit.ly/2wke5hm .
* Cast Local Videos & Music Without Format Limits
You can easily cast local videos and music with Stream to Chromecast. It will play virtually any file you throw at it to the big screen, including 3GP, AVI, ASF, FLV, M4V, MKV, MOV, MP4, M2TS, MTS, RMVB, RM, WEBM, WMV, AAC, M4A, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WMA, or any other format. Just select the file that you want to stream to your TV, and you can enjoy it on the big screen in no time!
* List of Supported Devices
- Chromecast (1st gen & 2nd gen)
- Chromecast Ultra
- Chromecast Audio
- Android TV (like VIZIO, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Philips, etc)
- TV boxes with Chromecast built-in (like Nexus Player, Mi Box, etc)
- Google Cast devices (like NVIDIA SHIELD, etc)
- Wireless speakers with Chromecast built-in (like VIZIO, Sony, B&O PLAY, etc)
* Playlist Customization
Playlist is also supported in the app. You can throw a whole bunch of files into the app and create a playlist, so that you can enjoy your beloved movies non-stop.
* Playback Control
You can use the app to change videos or songs, play, pause, seek, or stop the video playback, and adjust the volume as well.
* Auto Device Discovery
Stream to Chromecast automatically discovers supported devices connected to the same network as your Mac. No configuration needed, no hassle!
**Please note that it’s not supported to stream DRM protected videos like movies or TV episodes purchased from iTunes. And this app doesn’t beam online videos on websites.**
Trademark Acknowledgement: Chromecast, Google Cast, and Android are trademarks of Google, Inc. This app is not endorsed by and has no association with all companies listed herein.
1. Ready for macOS High Sierra.
2. Per user request, add the option to hide the app's icon in the Dock.