The app combines highly accurate weather forecast for your location with a 3D map showing development of weather in a broader area in a very interesting way. This allows you to see where precipitation is going to come from or where the wind is blowing from. The uniqueness of the app comes from the amount of data displayed. Forecast of weather, precipitation, wind, cloud cover, atmospheric pressure, snow cover and other meteorological data for different altitudes is available for the whole world.
The Ventusky application solves weather displaying in an interesting way. Wind is displayed using streamlines which clearly portray the continuous development of weather. Airflow on Earth is always in motion and the streamlines depict this motion in an amazing way. This makes the interconnection of all atmospheric phenomena obvious.
Weather forecast for the first three days is available in the app in one-hour steps. For other days, it’s available in three-hour steps. Users can also look up sunrise and sunrise times in a given place or air quality.
Thanks to the Ventusky application, visitors get data directly from the numerical models that, just a few years ago, were used solely by meteorologists. The app collects data from the most accurate numerical models. Besides the well-known data from the American GFS and HRRR models, it also displays data from the Canadian GEM model and the German ICON model, which is unique thanks to its high resolution for the whole world. Two models, EURAD and USRAD, are based on current radar and satellite readings. These models are able to show precisely current precipitation in US and Europe.
You can also display weather fronts. We have created a neural network that predicts the positions of cold, warm, occluded, and stationary fronts based on data from weather models. This algorithm is unique, and we are the first on the world who makes global fronts forecast available to users.
LIST OF WEATHER LAYERS
• Temperature (16 levels)
• Temperature anomaly
• Perceived temperature
• Precipitation (1 hour, 3 hour, long time accumulation)
• Wind gusts (1 hour, long time maximum)
• Air quality (AQI, NO2, SO2, PM10, PM2.5, O3, dust or CO)
• Probability of aurora
LIST OF WEATHER LAYERS (PREMIUM)
• Wind (16 levels)
• Cloud cover (high, middle, low, total)
• Snow cover (total, new)
• Humidity (4 layers)
• Dew point
• Air pressure
• CAPE, CIN, LI, Helicity (SRH)
• Freezing level
• Wave forecast
• Ocean currents
LIST OF WEATHER WIDGETS
• Forecast 4x2
• Forecast 2x2
• Forecast 4x4
• Radar 4x2
• Radar 2x2
The app is completely free of ads. Do you have questions or suggestions? Please email us at [email protected]
- Webcams (for selected locations, not yet available as a map layer). We process images from up to 20 000 webcams around the world, offering one of the largest camera networks on the Internet. Especially in mountainous areas, you can monitor real conditions (fog, snow, etc.). Wide coverage is enabled by cooperation with partners such as Panomax.com, Feratel, NOAA or Foto-webcam.eu. Enjoy the view.
- Bug fixes