Octal is a modern, full-featured Hacker News (news.ycombinator.com) client built with a focus on design, speed, and usability. Octal has all the features you'd expect from a Hacker News app, including the ability to sign in to your account, upvote, post comments, and more!
• Browse and share Hacker News stories.
• Read comments in a fully-threaded, collapsible comments view. Quickly jump to the next top-level comment thread with a single tap.
• Upvote stories and comments you like with a quick tap or left swipe.
• Sign in to your Hacker News account.
• Reply to stories and comments. Edit or delete your recently posted comments.
• Search for Top, Ask HN, and Show HN submissions. Sort search results by relevance or date.
• Sort stories by 'Top', 'Best', or 'New'. Filter stories by minimum score and/or minimum comment count.
• Browse user profiles, including their karma, about, and posting activity.
• Enable 'Night Mode' for a beautiful, first-class dark theme. Try 'Auto Night Mode' to automatically toggle 'Night Mode' according to screen brightness.
• Turn on 'True Black' to use a pure RGB #000 background color for 'Night Mode'. Perfect for OLED displays like those on the iPhone X, Xs, and Xs Max.
• Open articles and links in Safari In-App, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Firefox Focus, or DuckDuckGo. If selecting Safari In-App, optionally open links in 'Reader Mode'.
• 3D Touch stories to quickly preview articles or share them via peek quick action. 3D Touch comments to quickly reply or upvote.
• Pick from Standard, Compact, and Minimal post layout sizes.
• Increase or decrease the text size to one that's comfortable for you, or enable 'Dynamic Type' to use the system's 'Larger Text' font size.
• Browse in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Hacker News is a social news website focusing on computer science and entrepreneurship. It is run by Paul Graham's investment fund and startup incubator, Y Combinator. In general, its content can be submitted is defined as "anything that gratifies one's intellectual curiosity".
Found a bug or have a feature request? Create an Issue on Github: https://github.com/dangwu/Octal/issues
• You can now chose to share either the story link or comments link when sharing from the comments view. When sharing via email, subject lines are now auto-populated to the story's title.
• Minor user interface update.
• Fixed bug where user activity could appear to be blank.