Block annoying scammers who hide behind fake phone numbers.
Do you get unwanted calls from phone numbers similar to your own? This is known as caller ID neighbor spoofing, and it's a common trick to try to get you to pick up the phone. Blocking these calls can be difficult because the number isn't always the same.
With Number Shield, you can block an entire group of numbers at once. Just enter a wildcard for each digit you want to block.
For example, if your number is 714-555-1234, scammers might use a number like 714-555-6789. Block all similar numbers by entering 714-555-####. Wildcards and numbers can be combined in any order you choose. Block international numbers, too!
Use the "Allow Contacts" option to make sure you don't miss calls from your family and friends.
Block numbers directly from your phone's missed calls screen. Just follow these steps:
1. Tap the “ i ” button next to the missed call.
2. Tap “Share Contact”.
3. Tap “Block Similar Numbers”. (If you don't see this action, tap “More“ to enable it.)
4. Now you'll see the Number Shield number entry screen. Tap “Done” to block calls from similar numbers.
• Each number pattern can contain up to 7 wildcards, and up to 50,000,000 phone numbers can be blocked.
• Blocked calls are sent directly to voice mail.
• Number Shield does not block text messages.
• When “Do Not Disturb” is enabled on your phone, calls that should be blocked may appear in your phone's list of missed calls.
More information about caller ID spoofing in the United States is available from the FCC:
Fixed a bug that could cause the app to crash immediately after being opened.