Block annoying scammers who hide behind fake phone numbers.
Do you get unwanted calls from phone numbers similar to your own? This is known as caller ID neighbor spoofing, and it's a common trick to try to get you to pick up the phone. Blocking these calls can be difficult because the number isn't always the same.
With Number Shield, you can block an entire group of numbers at once. Just enter a wildcard for each digit you want to block.
For example, if your phone number is 714-555-1234, scammers might call you using a number like 714-555-6789. You can block all similar numbers by entering 714-555-####. Wildcards and numbers can be combined in any order you choose.
You can also block numbers directly from your phone's list of missed calls. Just follow these steps:
1. Tap the “ i ” button next to the missed call.
2. Tap “Share Contact”.
3. Tap “Block Similar Numbers”. (If you don't see this action, tap “More“ to enable it.)
4. Now you'll see the Number Shield number entry screen. Tap “Done” to block calls from similar numbers.
• Each number pattern can contain up to 7 wildcards, and up to 50,000,000 phone numbers can be blocked.
• Blocked calls are sent directly to voice mail.
• Number Shield does not block text messages.
• When “Do Not Disturb” is enabled on your phone, calls that should be blocked may appear in your phone's list of missed calls.
More information about caller ID spoofing in the United States is available from the FCC:
Fixed some bugs related to deleting number patterns.