◉ "New Apps We Love" - Apple
◉ "A solid new alternative to text editors like iA Writer and 1Writer" - Federico Viticci
◉ "I like the program very much" - Michael D. Shear
◉ "Best New App for iPad and iPhone" - imore.com
◉ "The original distraction-free writing app" - idownloadblog.com
◉ "WriteRoom for iOS lives on as Writemator" - Jesse Grosjean, founder of Hog Bay Software
Writemator is based on the source code of WriteRoom app for iOS with all bug fixes and new features.
• Based on WriteRoom source code for iOS. Fast handling of large documents.
• Updated for iOS 13 with all bug fixes and new features.
• Built-in Files App Support.
• Support Multiple Window feature for iPadOS.
• Drag and Drop Support (for items like plain text, xml, html, URLs, etc.) of iPadOS (in Split View).
• Touch ID/ Passcode/ Face ID support.
• Search tool that lets you search for and find every document that contains your search text.
• TypeWriter Mode.
• Live Word Counter.
• Customizable System Dark Mode.
• Reading Time option available.
• Lined Paper option available.
• Dropbox Sync API V2. Support both "Sync Automatically" and "Manual Sync".
• Writemator allows you to choose the folder with which you link in your Dropbox account.
• Keyboard Shortcuts. Toal 58 keyboard shortcuts are available (excluding iPadOS system keyboard shortcuts).
• Quick Search & Replace text feature available. Works great even for a document with more than 500,000 words.
• Synonyms, Antonyms, Rhyming words for a selected word.
• Drag-to-scroll scroll bar for quick navigation bigger documents. Just like desktop app scrolling.
• In full-screen view, tap margins to move cursor toward margin (iPad only).
• Many new fonts are added like iA Writer Duospace, IBM Plex, SF UI Text, etc. More than 150 fonts are available.
• Extended keyboard row with customizable keys.
• Dark Mode keyboard.
• Support TextExpander Touch Expansion. Updated to the latest SDKs of TETouch.
• Document Picker Support. Support "Import" and "Export" methods of document picker.
• Access Writemator files in iOS Files app.
• Extra app icons available to change the app icon.
• Customize your text and background color to any color, line spacing, font size to make your own writing room.
• Line spacing is improved from the older version of WriteRoom. Margin option is available.
• Siri Shortcuts.
• Tint color option.
• Sort the folder list by name or date, descending.
• Hide or unhide status bar. Dark mode status bar for dark background
• Scroll headings during typing to hide headings.
• Rename your document or folder.
• Swipe to delete a document or a folder.
• Detect links in a document.
• Support text right to left (useful for writers for languages like in Arabic)
• Powerful URLs scheme support
• Export and share file in PDF format.
• Hide or show file extensions ;html, css, plain text, ft, etc.
->> Updated for iOS 13.4.1, iPadOS 13.4.1 using Xcode 11.4.1.
• Multiple Window Support for iPadOS.
• System Dark mode. User can turn off the option in Advanced Settings.
• Reading Time option is available.
• Fixed an issue related to scrolling/ hiding of first line on iPad Pro (when status bar option was on)
• Implemented lined paper.
• UI elements respond to the cursor on iPadOS 13.4 when connecting a mouse or trackpad.
• Paragraph number option is available.
• Implemented Search and Replace text feature.
• Synonyms, Antonyms, Rhymes option are available for a selected word in uimenu.
• Tint Color option available.
• Face ID/ Touch ID pop up window will be in full screen mode.
• Changing of app icons was not working on iPads. Fixed.
• Unlink from the dropbox account was causing the app crash. Fixed.
• Export and share file in PDF format.
• Rename option was missing ( in top titlebar menu view) for local documents. Fixed.
• File Refresh on Active option removed.
• Lot of enhancements for dropbox sync:
- App will make background mode sync for last opened parent folder. Not going to collide with cloud service provider files even if files from cloud service provider is in opened or in closed state during background mode.
- Fixed an issue when an user was making lot of API calls which results in abusing dropbox api therefore affecting sync process. Fixed.
- Rigorous testing is done for dropbox sync even with empty nested folders and also in multiple windows. Covered all possible cases.
• Minor change in launchscreen images.
• Fixed a regression related to data saving of cloud service provider files.
• Fixed UI of extended keyboard on iPad during split view.
• Default tint color of document browser is changed to dark green in system light mode.
• Help Docs Updated. User can print help docs.
->> Minor Enhancements.
Have a wonderful time ahead and stay healthy and safe!