Spot Buddy is an app that you can use to follow someones travel on a map if they are using a SPOT or Garmin inReach GPS tracking device.
The app is a better alternative to using the SPOT and Garmin tracking websites because it is easier to use and offers more functionality.
Some of the main Spot Buddy features include:
- Plots GPS trail on a map for one or more SPOT or inReach devices.
- View details reported by each device such as latitude, longitude, time, speed, distance, course, and battery status.
- View both public and password protected SPOT and inReach tracks (knowledge of userid and/or password is required).
- Send a GPS trail file to Google Earth, Drop Box, Google Drive, or any other app that can read KML or CSV files.
- Email track log details in CSV or KML format so you can share them or view on another computer.
- View SPOT or inReach check-in messages.
- Open GPX files and create map overlays that can be plotted on the map. GPX files with a single route, track, or waypoint elements are supported.
- Create map overlays by manually editing up to 500 waypoints.
- Share your list of trackers and map overlays via email.
- View your current location on the map using the built-in GPS. You can also show your current distance and bearing to a SPOT or inReach tracker.
Spot Buddy has been available since 2012 and will continue to be actively developed and supported for many years to come. If you have a problem using the app, see Settings / Help for the help guide and support email options.
Spot Buddy is now FREE! Why? Because life has changed and I am getting out of the app business. This app will be free until my Apple developer membership expires then it will disappear. Thanks everyone for the support over the past years. Enjoy!