MWeb is a professional Markdown writing, note taking, and static blog generator app for Mac, iPad, and iPhone. Here are some special features of MWeb.
## The software
* Made with supporting native technologies in mind. It is always a perfect integration with the platform.
* Aiming for modern UI and high performance, also being powerful, easy-to-use, and fully-featured.
### The powerful syntax
* Use the Github Flavored Markdown (GFM) by default.
* Included with the support of creating tables, TOCs, LaTeX math, fenced code blocks, task lists, footnotes, and many more.
* Easily generate graphics with any of mermaid, Graphviz, ECharts, PlantUML, js-sequence-diagrams, and flowchart.js.
### Editing assistant
* Gracefully handle image insertion: direct copy and paste, drag and drop, and full-colored preview in the editor.
* Specify the image size in Markdown-compatible syntax.
* Inserting tables and LaTeX equations with ease.
### Note taking
* Store and manage all documents in a tree-like categoring library with a tagging system. Categories can be gracefully exported or turned into static websites.
* Put quick notes.
* Instantly search from the entire library.
* Exporting contents as various formats, including HTML, EPUB, PDF, RTF, Docx, and even image.
* Publishing the articles to Wordrpess, Metaweblog API, Wordpress.com, Evernote, Blogger, Medium, Ghost, and Tumblr.
* Smooth support for image upload services: using Imgur, Qiniu, Upyun, or your custom API.
### External documentation
* There is an external mode in MWeb that enables importing existing markdown files in directories. It also handles contents from Gitbook, JekyII and Hexo.
## MWeb official website:
For more about MWeb, please check the MWeb official website: https://www.mweb.im introduction video; it will show you how to use MWeb. We also suggest that you check the MWeb official help document: https://www.mweb.im/help.html
* In the previous version 3.3.9, the light and dark theme will be set to be the same as macOS, but now it is not forced to follow the macOS system.
## version 3.3.9 update:
* Add: shortcut (CMD + D) to insert current date, shortcut (CMD + Shift + D) to insert current date and time . You can also use the menu: "Actions - Insert Current Date".
* Add: Now you can set the preview style of dark theme, just in "Preferences-Theme & Style".
* Fixed: publish to ghost can't update.
* Fixed: wrong switching between light and dark themes in macOS 10.15.3 and above.
* Other bug fixes and improvements.