Discover and subscribe to RSS, Atom or JSON feeds in your preferred desktop or web based news reader from Safari.
RSS Button for Safari requires either a desktop news reader supporting RSS, Atom or JSON feeds or an account with an online news reader such as Feedbin, Feedly, FeedHQ, Inoreader, NewsBlur, The Old Reader, Minimal Reader or BazQuz Reader. Alternatively you can choose to copy the feed address to your clipboard or use any self-hosted news reader.
To install this extension after purchasing on the App Store:
1) Open RSS Button for Safari from Applications;
2) Choose your preferred news reader
3) Enable the extension from Safari Preferences under the extensions tab
4) If the toolbar button does not appear in Safari go to View / Customize Toolbar and drag the RSS Button to your toolbar.
Compatible news reader desktop applications include:
- News Explorer
- News Menu
- Reeder 4.1.5+
Applications that are not compatible or have known issues opening feed URLs automatically:
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Reeder 3 or older
- RSS Reader
RSS Button for Safari does not collect or retain any data from users. Absolutely no requests to external or third party services are made from the application or extension at any time.
- Fixed an issue where root relative feed URLs used in conjunction with the base HTML element fail to parse correctly.