Nisus Writer Express is a smart word processor loaded with small, yet intelligent features that make writing a breeze. Nisus Writer Express offers a customizable interface, an advanced full screen mode, and hundreds of features that make this word processor a joy to use.
Nisus Writer Express can go from a minimalist writing tool to full word processor in an instant. Focus on your words with our full screen, focus, and typewriter modes. When you need to refine your documents, the tools you need are ready. Intuitive style sheets help you create beautiful documents quickly. Our powerful Find and Replace (with regular expressions) will help you polish and clean your text. Sharing your work is easy with numerous file formats like RTF (rich text format), PDF, and Word (.doc, .docx).
In a world where distraction abound, Nisus Writer Express lets you focus on writing your story.
• multilingual support (including right to left text)
• footnotes and endnotes
• full screen mode
• focus mode
• typewriter scrolling
• text wrap around images
• page headers and footers
• document manager
• sophisticated find and replace (regular expressions)
• live word and paragraph count
• widow and orphan control
• small caps support
• customizable keyboard shortcuts
• bullets and numbering (list styles)
• supported file formats:
- RTF (import and export)
- Word (import and export)
- OpenOffice (import)
- Plain Text (Unicode and legacy encodings)
• macOS autosave and document versioning
• and much more
• Restored Spanish localization– thanks to Francisco J. Martín Domínguez!
• Fixed: improved compatibility with beach-themed versions of macOS.
• Fixed: changing to Style View and back should preserve the scroll location.
• Fixed: zero-length selections (aka: insertion points) are not restored when reopening files.
• Fixed: macOS text translation menu is unavailable when selection spans multiple paragraphs.
• Added: Open Recent menu shows checkmarks next to already opened files.
• Fixed: changing the list bullet in a regular document view can incorrectly apply a blank/empty list bullet.
• Fixed: Document Manager group listing can initially incorrectly clip names.
• Fixed: possible Page View crashes and hangs.
• Fixed: some areas did not treat a Control + left click as a secondary/right click
• Fixed copy/paste of paragraph styles with certain list styles can trigger superfluous text layout.
• Fixed: redefining a style from the selection can incorrectly add a font override.
• Fixed: certain changes in the Style Sheet view did not correctly update the palettes.
• Changed: using the forward delete key (DEL) in a table will clear the cell contents instead of deleting cells.
Additional bug fixes and improvements.