Do you wish you had an app to double-check your Japanese sentences before you post them on social media? Have you been using an old notepad to work through your Genki textbook exercises? It's time to throw it out because Kaku is a note writing app for beginner to intermediate Japanese learners.
It combines a number of different tools all into one app:
- An offline translator that translates as you type to give you live feedback on your sentence structure
- Dictionary look-up on highlighted words so you can check you have used the correct word on the fly
- Common word lists across many categories that come in handy when you keep getting words like aunt and grandmother mixed up
- Grammar examples from the popular Tae Kim's Grammar Guide that provide a template for your sentences
- Saved sheets that sync between your iPhone and iPad so you always have them with you
- Clipboard auto-translate so you can copy any text snippet on the web and quickly see what it means
In addition, users can upgrade to Kaku Premium which gives access to exclusive features:
- Text-to-speech audio translation which highlights the text being spoken so you can shadow read and improve your pronounciation
- Advanced Translator which uses a cloud translation service for more accurate translations
- Reader Mode that improves readability on larger devices
- Quick Replace to instantly replace an English word with its Japanese translation so you do not have to waste time searching for it in a dictionary.
Please follow @kaku_app to stay up-to-date and provide feedback for future versions.
Added a setting that allows you to keep your iPhone/iPad unlocked so you do not have to keep manually unlocking it while studying.