KV331 Audio is proud to announce the availability of their award winning software synthesizer SynthMaster 2.9 on iOS platform. As being the first app developed using KV331 Audio’s new cross-platform UI framework, SynthMaster 2 runs as a standalone app or AUv3 plugin on iPads with iOS 11 and above.
SynthMaster 2 supports native resolutions of various iPad devices. User interfaces are provided for 9.7, 11 and 12.9 inch iPads in 4 different skins (Blue, White, Dark, Proto). Separate interfaces are provided for the AudioUnit plugin as well.
SynthMaster 2 comes with 1000 factory presets designed by world class sound designers such as BigTone, Nori Ubukata, NatLife and Yuli Yolo. Thanks to the comprehensive preset browsing features, users can easily filter presets by author name, bank name, instrument type or preset name and find the sounds that they are looking for.
There’s also an IAP Shop, which lets users purchase additional sounds:
1. "Desktop Presets Upgrade": At the intro price of $4.99, this IAP adds all factory presets in SynthMaster 2.9, increasing the total preset count to 2000.
2. "All Expansions Bundle": At the intro price of $39.99, this IAP adds all current 32 SynthMaster preset expansion banks.
At the heart of SynthMaster 2’s powerful sound engine lies its oscillators, modulators, and filters.
The oscillators can operate in 4 different modes to generate sound:
1. In Basic mode, the oscillator plays single cycle waveforms or samples. With the Oscillator Unison turned on, up to 8 voices per oscillator can be played.
2. In Additive mode, 8 Basic oscillators can be stacked up to create richer tones.
3. In Wavetable mode, the oscillator can play wavetables with up to 256 frames.
4. In Vector mode, 4 Basic oscillators are mixed in 2 dimensions.
Modulators are simply basic oscillators that can be added to other oscillators or modulate other oscillators’ or modulators’ phases. By connecting modulators to other oscillators or modulators, complex FM tones can be synthesized.
Importing Wave Files into SynthMaster:
While designing sounds, users can easily import wave files into SynthMaster 2. SynthMaster 2 can categorize those files into waveforms, wavetables or multi samples and import them accordingly.
Once the sound is generated by the oscillators it goes through SynthMaster’s filters, which can operate in 6 different categories: Digital, VAnalog, Ladder, Diode Ladder, State Variable and Bite.
Custom distortion can be applied before or after the filters as well.
SynthMaster 2 features a comprehensive modulation architecture with a wide range of modulation sources:
1. MIDI controls
2. Macros controls
3. 4 ADSR envelopes per layer
4. 4 Multisegmented envelopes per payer
5. 4 LFOs per layer
6. 4 Sequencers per layer
7. 4 Keyscalers per layer
There’s real-time visual feedback that lets users see how modulation sources and targets are changing when a note is being played. This is extremely helpful when designing sounds with SynthMaster 2.
New modulations can be created easily by dragging and dropping a modulation source onto a knob or slider control.
Users can easily see which controls are modulated by a modulation source by clicking on that source. Controls that are being modulated by that source will display modulation amounts. By long pressing a control, the modulation amount can be edited without the need to go through the mod matrix.
SynthMaster features a comprehensive arpeggiator / sequencer with 32 steps. Users can easily create sequences by recording steps one by one.
Each of the 2 layers in SynthMaster has 5 insert effect slots. 13 different types of effects can be instantiated in any of those slots. There are also 2 global effect send busses which can be used to create more complex effect routings.
- fixed a critical bug that causes some presets sound differently
- fixed some ui/menu bugs